Samantha Brick - Beautiful?

My wife is very pretty she is very dark haired and tall she has very distinctive high cheek bones and has a gorgeous figure, everywhere we go blokes stair at here and try and chat her up I used to get a bit wound up about it at one time but I feel proud to have here on my arm when every we go out, when she goes out on here own she says some cheeky bloke started pestering here, many times blokes have given here there phone numbers even walking around Tescos shopping in her traky bottoms she will get some bloke watching her,she has said the very same thing about some other women being nasty with here for no other reason than her looks.

No she's a bit of a 'Plain Jane'. I can't say that I'm surprise that she got a lot of negative feedback, the Daily Mail seems to be the paper of choice for spiteful trolls - I mean just look who writes for it Richard Littlejohn and Melanie Phillips.

Just had a bit of a Google, and this from Jezebel is pretty much my take on it:

With the exception that as Brick is a Daily Mail journalist, I'm sure she's in on the troll too.

I am sure that this is indeed the case. I read about this on Facebook and could not believe the amount of vitriol heaped on this woman. Well, actually I could, it depresses me how bitchy women can be about others, often rooted in jealousy and insecurity. It is a sad fact that many women will automatically hate a really good looking/sexy woman solely because of their looks. I have a friend who is just beautiful, absolutely stunning and a lovely warm person. Women, so called friends turn on her all the time and stab her in the back.

This Samantha Brick may indeed have something about her which turns heads and stops men dead in their tracks, that je ne sais quoi is not always captured in a still photograph.

...This Samantha Brick may indeed have something about her which turns heads and stops men dead in their tracks, that je ne sais quoi is not always captured in a still photograph.

Perhaps she does. I'm pretty sure, though, that she's chosen/has been chosen to write that article because she represents, in the photographs selected to illustrate the article at least, the averagely pretty 'everywoman'. Sprinkle the article with some rather obvious troll bait (including, as the article is in the Mail's delightful FeMail section, where women's every cellulite patch and wrinkle are scrutinised with vicious glee, 'women! You're all old, heavy, short, insecure, jealous cows!') and watch as folk predictably knock her back for her narcissism.

ETA: as the Jezebel article states:

It's a little peek behind the curtain at how the media deliberately pits women against women for fun and profit. **** that. Ladies, let's stop biting.

Hmm...a tricky debate. I'm not sure whether to applaud her self confidence in a very sexist career environment and agree with her as this has only helped her career stance and personal recognition....or feel pity for her need to have to go to those lengths to do so.

It reads like one of the blokes on here who sign up with a 'GorgeousSexyBlonde' persona :hihi: . She's clearly having a bit of a troll to illustrate a point and the result was anticipated.

It's a truly world class piece of trolling by the Daily Mail. In fact you almost have to admire them for publishing this as they must have known this would cause a furore and get lots & lots of people clicking on their website.

If there were a contest for trolling then Samantha Brick would be a contender for world champion!

Archived