Need a new team or club

I dance and play for a netball team but I need something else. I would like to join some kind of team or club. I detest football, Rugby and Hockey. Anything out there for me? Maybe something new and unusual.

Thanks in advance.

Try medieval re-enactment with Knights In Battle. We do 13th-century foot tournaments and 15th-century battle re-enactments and living history.

You can choose to be a combatant or stick to the Living History side. Most of us do both, those who feel less comfortable about hand-to-hand combat join the archers.

If you'd like to see us in action we'll be in the grounds of the Barnsley Civic on Saturday (10am-4pm) or you can just drop in and say hello at one of our weekly practices. Give us a try with no obligation.

Medieval swordfighting. Hardly new, but definitely unusual!

Have you thought about cricket? There aren't many women's teams locally but there are a few women playing in the local leagues. One of our team's girlfriend played a couple of games with us last year and enjoyed it. She was trying to get a women's team set up but was struggling to get enough interest. A lot of teams struggle for numbers and as you can play netball you'd easily be good enough to do yourself justice in a cricket team.

If you do decide you want to give cricket a try call me on 07919111388. I run Sheffield Transport Ladies Cricket Team, newly formed last year. We have a young set up and are keen to find a few new players.

There are 2 other local teams Anston Ladies and Treeton Ladies if you want a contact let me know. Sheffield United have a team but they are at a lot higher standard than those mentioned.

Jamie the number of people or clubs organising ladies teams is very few and rarely heard of, it is also very hard to get local matches we travel around 50 miles to Leeds for our games as Anston and Treeton are in a higher division. Like you say anyone with a bit of coordination will adjust to cricket and will not be out of place even with very little practice. Jamie if your team mates girl friend could get say 8 players maybe we could arrange a friendly?

Archived