What to do on Easter Sunday?

Hi everyone, my parents are coming to visit this Easter Sunday and want me to take them somewhere but I have no idea what to do with them! What will be open? I was thinking maybe going to one of the peak district villages like Castleton or Hope but if everythings closed theres not much point. Any suggestions?

Hi everyone, my parents are coming to visit this Easter Sunday and want me to take them somewhere but I have no idea what to do with them! What will be open? I was thinking maybe going to one of the peak district villages like Castleton or Hope but if everythings closed theres not much point. Any suggestions?

I think you will find the derbyshire villages are likely to be jam packed over easter. chatswort is a good bet but likely to be busy.

----------------

I and friends are considering Castleton, call in Cheshire cheese pub

coffee / sandwiches loverly, look out for you. :thumbsup:

Depends what they like but there are few more impressive places than Chatsworth imo. If they've never seen what must be one of this country's most impressive stately homes - set in beautiful parkland - it's well worth a visit. There's loads for the kids to do, (if that applies) and it could be rounded off with an excellent meal at the Devonshire Arms at Beeley - or visit the Chatsworth Farm shop at Pilsley and buy something nice for tea.

Archived