Should cafes be more careful about what they put in a child's meal?

I think you did the right thing. Rather than having a quiet word with the manager about the quality of his/her goods; I would say nothing, take a picture of some fat in a bag, then rush home to post on the forum. There's nothing like stoking up an avalanche of indignation, especially where our precious children are concerned.

Get over yourself for God's sake!

agreed:hihi: what a fuss!!!!! real meat contains fat...its part of its make up or does the OP normally buy processed crap in squares that has all the fat minced in?? whats hard about taking the fat off ? no problem then? sounds like the cafe in question uses a proper joint that is cut fresh to order:thumbsup:

I would complain VERY loudly to the Cafe management, and threaten to take it further if they won't do anything.

Since when does behaving like an ape help anything.

People who make a huge fuss when there's no need to need to be shipped out to an island in the arctic where they can all make big deals out of nothing and not bother normal people.

Am I getting this right - you were right there in the cafe when you discovered the fatty meat and were dismayed but didn't say anything at the time?

Then you've taken a picture of some fat, that could come have come from anything and are going to contact them at some future time to moan about it?

:huh:

As an adult, if I ordered a sarnie, and half of it was fat, I wouln't be overly happy with it. Why play the "child card"? Just a poor quality sandwhich, send it back or take your custom elsewhere.

It would be difficult for it to come from my sandwich seeing as I didn't have anything but coffee :rolleyes:.

To be fair we don't actually know what the ratio of meat to fat was.

jb

The child's portion is just half a normal sliced bread sandwich, cut in half. That was out of one half of that child's portion so there was more fat than ham.

I think you did the right thing. Rather than having a quiet word with the manager about the quality of his/her goods; I would say nothing, take a picture of some fat in a bag, then rush home to post on the forum. There's nothing like stoking up an avalanche of indignation, especially where our precious children are concerned.

Get over yourself for God's sake!

The manager wasn't available as they were busy (how convenient). The point of my post was a general question about cafe's and children's meals, this was just an example of why I had raised he question. I assume you missed the point?

agreed:hihi: what a fuss!!!!! real meat contains fat...its part of its make up or does the OP normally buy processed crap in squares that has all the fat minced in?? whats hard about taking the fat off ? no problem then? sounds like the cafe in question uses a proper joint that is cut fresh to order:thumbsup:

How wrong you are. I don't buy processed crap because it tastes just that! Again the point was in the question and not in the example.

Am I getting this right - you were right there in the cafe when you discovered the fatty meat and were dismayed but didn't say anything at the time?

Then you've taken a picture of some fat, that could come have come from anything and are going to contact them at some future time to moan about it?

As I have said, the manager wasn't available and so I've emailed them instead.

The question is Should cafes be more careful about what they put in a child's meal? Not, have a got a right to complain that a child's sandwich has more fat in it that meat, that's obvious.

Well observed-it would have been more prudent to comment at the time if the fat was in the sandwich.

under these circumstances, I would have informed them that the manager IS available, else you'd be happy to discuss your concerns with environmental health and/or trading standards. You'd be surprised how 'available' managers become under those circumstances

What cafe was this btw?

Read above, I was told to speak to the manager but the manager was unavailable.

No the manager was busy and chose NOT to speak to you ie you have been fobbed off.It is hard to prove liability as the cafe will blame their suppliers etc.I would not buy food at a cafe without inspecting it closely,but if I did find a problem I would ask for a refund or a substitute.

under these circumstances, I would have informed them that the manager IS available, else you'd be happy to discuss your concerns with environmental health and/or trading standards. You'd be surprised how 'available' managers become under those circumstances

What cafe was this btw?

This is the more assertive and effective strategy:)

Archived