Curriculum Vitae Help

How do you explain gaps in employment and education, should this be listed in an Additional Information section at the very bottom of last page?

You be honest and say unemployed but actively seeking work and put the dates in the relevant place in your work history. Also hobbies are a welcome addition because they can give insight into the type of person you are. Most applicaion forms include section for this

So for instance I can put a section before Hobbies and say something like...

Regarding gaps in employment, I have been actively seeking work and have often undertaken voluntary work, especially community work and am always looking for ways to contribute to society and enhance my own personal development.

Or should I integrate this into my Hobbies section?

You be honest and say unemployed but actively seeking work and put the dates in the relevant place in your work history. Also hobbies are a welcome addition because they can give insight into the type of person you are. Most applicaion forms include section for this

i always used to put swimming down even though i didnt:hihi:

So for instance I can put a section before Hobbies and say something like...

Regarding gaps in employment, I have been actively seeking work and have often undertaken voluntary work, especially community work and am always looking for ways to contribute to society and enhance my own personal development.

Or should I integrate this into my Hobbies section?

No you should put it in your employment history in relevant place

eg

1990 - 1995 Stanley tools - machinist etc

1995- 1996 Unemployed but actively seeking work

1996 - present B & Q - sales assistant etc

No you should put it in your employment history in relevant place

eg

1990 - 1995 Stanley tools - machinist etc

1995- 1996 Unemployed but actively seeking work

1996 - present B & Q - sales assistant etc

and i like to go swimming:hihi:

I have decided to integrate it into my Hobbies section, it reads like this...

In my spare time, I enjoy getting out and about by exploring the outdoors, mountain bike riding and generally living a pro-active life. I have interests in history, technology, cooking, sports and entertainment.

Regarding gaps in employment, I have been actively seeking work and have undertaken voluntary work, especially community work and am always looking for ways to educate myself and contribute to society.

Archived