Curriculum Vitae Help

I have decided to integrate it into my Hobbies section, it reads like this...

In my spare time, I enjoy getting out and about by exploring the outdoors, mountain bike riding and generally living a pro-active life. I have interests in history, technology, cooking, sports and entertainment.

Regarding gaps in employment, I have been actively seeking work and have undertaken voluntary work, especially community work and am always looking for ways to educate myself and contribute to society.

sounds good, they might think it strange if you dont say you enjoy swimming though

A CV is intended to sell you as a person who the prospective employer should - not would - interview. Its not an easy task.

It should be directed at the job you are after to some extent rather than the general - any employer already has an idea of what they want - if it is to drive a bus they want to know you have the required qualifications and experience.

I would suggest simply saying you lead a pro-active life hardly informs the reader of the CV - You want them to see you in person - make them think I like the sound of this person and I want to see them.

You say you like getting out and about - a cynical employer might say so does everyone bat the local hermit ! In relation to gaps in employment it may be sensible to say why there are such gaps, what exactly have you done by way of volontary work ? For example you may have used the very skills the employer is looking for in a volontary capacity - the employer might do the same sort of thing ! I don't quite see how saying you want to contribute to society tells them anything at all - Try and stand out, catch the attention and who knows.

I am involved in the sifting and selection of individuals who all have exceptional qualifications I look for something that sets them apart from the rest.

Best of luck

I have decided to integrate it into my Hobbies section, it reads like this...

In my spare time, I enjoy getting out and about by exploring the outdoors, mountain bike riding and generally living a pro-active life. I have interests in history, technology, cooking, sports and entertainment.

Regarding gaps in employment, I have been actively seeking work and have undertaken voluntary work, especially community work and am always looking for ways to educate myself and contribute to society.[/quote]

You need to be consistent and put it in correct section, any potential employer seeing gaps in your work history without explanation will throw CV in bin before they get to hobbies section and it also looks as though you put it in as an afterthought

At least it is there, I can not explain every last detail, least am trying to vaguely cover all the basis on it.

Have just reworded the top bit to look like this and hope that will do for now, you can get obsessed with details especially on CVs.

In my spare time, I enjoy an active social life by joining hiking groups, visiting popular attractions and playing for local pool teams. I have interests in nature, history, technology, cooking, sports and entertainment.

Archived