1980's Nostalgia: What Would You Like to Forget?

Last week, an old friend from school sent me a film clip taken on a school outing in about 1986. There I was, dodgy perm, questionable dress sense and appaling white hoop earings.

I also seem to recall I had a strange fondness for cerise coloured clothing, yellow shoes, Wham and Aha. I even saw a couple of people on that clip who brought back a few memories that I might want to modify :hihi: .

What did you do, wear or listen to in the 80's that are probably best forgotten?

The '80s were not my proudest decade fashion-wise....

I had a couple of sweatshirts with the sleeves and neckline cut out... a la Jennifer Beals in "Flashdance."

I also wore red Converse high-tops, pink mid-heel pumps, a Dressed-for-Success blouse with a silk bow at the collar, corduroy gaucho pants and Western boots, several velour shirts and --- oh, no! -- a set of leg warmers.

Originally posted by HappyHoosier

The '80s were not my proudest decade fashion-wise....

I had a couple of sweatshirts with the sleeves and neckline cut out... a la Jennifer Beals in "Flashdance."

I also wore red Converse high-tops, pink mid-heel pumps, a Dressed-for-Success blouse with a silk bow at the collar, corduroy gaucho pants and Western boots, several velour shirts and --- oh, no! -- a set of leg warmers.

happy hoosier i just hope your female :P

i can remember those jumpers and t shirts that were all the rage Hyper-something i think anyway they changed colour the hotter you became !! how stupid were they. i was unfortunately a so-called Trendy!! in the 80s, farah trousers and fila or sergio tachinni tops and pink lacoste polos complete fashion victim with a wedge. im now 35 and unfortunately still have a passion for clothing- wonder how much money i have wasted over the years- think i may become a nudist and save a fortune.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by ppn_2204

Last week, an old friend from school sent me a film clip taken on a school outing in about 1986.

<Gumph> Who could have done such a thing?

The 'Atkinson's Farah Stay-prest and Gino Capelli Trouser/Sweater combo' has me waking up in a cold sweat now and again.

Originally posted by Nimrod

I would like to forget the fact that I was already in my 30's as the 80's began.

Crikey, you've got three decades on me; no wonder you're always in a foul mood.

I rather liked the 1980s - I loved being at primary school and middle school.

Music wise, we had the likes of Duran Duran, Spandau Ballet, Wham...

On the TV, we had Knight Rider, Dallas, Dynasty, and great kids programmes such as Terrahawks and Star Fleet.

We had great toys, such as Transformers, Mask, and decent Scalextric sets.

Quite simply, the best decade ever :clap: :clap:

Archived