1980's Nostalgia: What Would You Like to Forget?

Originally posted by Anj1364

I think the 80's was the worst decade for music. Give me the 70's anyday.

Eh? That's a bit harsh :|

OK, so Bros appeared towards the latter end of the decade, and Stock, Aitken and Waterman probably spoiled most of the entire decade and part of the 90s too, but the 80s did have some fantastic new romantic bands.

The 80s had some of the best Children's TV ever made IMHO, stuff like Trumpton, Chigley and Camberwick Green (I want to buy the complete box set of all 3 but Mum won't let me), not to mention stuff like Pigeon Street, Fingermouse, The Flumps etc.. Also the Muppet Show rocked!

As for 80s music, sure some of it was dodgy, but no more or less so than some of the crap that fills the pop charts nowadays, no Crazy Frog for a start, although we did have daft comedy tracks like Star Trekkin' and the Spitting Image Chicken song, and don't even get me started on the likes of the Birdy song and those songs with ridiculous dances like Agadoo et al.

No, sorry - Never got into that new romantic stuff although my older brother and younger sister did.

Nothing wrong with Duran Duran ;-)

Actually, I'm a cross 70's/80's person really. Most of my favourite bands/songs come from 1979 and 1980. The Jam, Blondie, The police to name but a few. Never followed the fashion side of the music though :gag:

70's - Remember boob tubes? ;)

Roughly translated, doesn't 'some daft comedy tracks' mean 'CRAP'?

To be honest, in their day I didn't think stuff like Star Trekkin was that bad, the video to it was hilarious... I just hated all those dodgy dance tracks like the Birdie song, Agadoo etc that get dragged out at every Party I've ever been to, even that "I am the music man...." one never fails to get played, people actually get up to it as well, and know all the dances to it :loopy:

Archived