1980's Nostalgia: What Would You Like to Forget?

Originally posted by Anj1364

What about 'oops upside your head'. They were even doing it at my son's 18th and he wasn't even born when it came out.

You have a point, I suppose.

The late 80s saw the start of dance, house, trance, aciiieeed, whatever you want to call it, and we're still paying the price for its commercial success today :roll:

Bloody junkies :rant:

Originally posted by LesMcQueen

<Gumph> Who could have done such a thing?

The 'Atkinson's Farah Stay-prest and Gino Capelli Trouser/Sweater combo' has me waking up in a cold sweat now and again.

Ah yes, the unofficial boys' school uniform. I had thought that I was fairly well-dressed in the 80s, but looking back... dear God, the horror.

I don't think the music was too bad though. Just think how popular the 80s best-of albums are. Ok, so Wham were a bit duff, but some of the stuff are classics. VH1 would be on for about ten minutes a day if it wasn't for the 80s. Oh, and the Chicken Song was fantastic!

• 4 years later...

I loved the 80s!!!!!

I wouldnt wanna forget anything that happend! (Maybe the space shuttle disaster (Shouldnt have happenend))

I think the 80's was the worst decade for music. Give me the 70's anyday.
You gotta be kidding mate,80s music WAS THE BEST!!

Actually i love 60s thru 80s (80s being the best) the best..

The 80s had some of the best Children's TV ever made IMHO, stuff like Trumpton, Chigley and Camberwick Green (I want to buy the complete box set of all 3 but Mum won't let me), not to mention stuff like Pigeon Street, Fingermouse, The Flumps etc.. Also the Muppet Show rocked!

The Muppets and Flumps were from the Seventies - either that or I fell through a time warp

And Trumpton, Chigley and Camberwick Green were all old when I was watching them in the mid seventies

Can't deny they are some of the best childrens TV programmes though

Crikey, you've got three decades on me; no wonder you're always in a foul mood.

I rather liked the 1980s - I loved being at primary school and middle school.

Music wise, we had the likes of Duran Duran, Spandau Ballet, Wham...

On the TV, we had Knight Rider, Dallas, Dynasty, and great kids programmes such as Terrahawks and Star Fleet.

We had great toys, such as Transformers, Mask, and decent Scalextric sets.

Quite simply, the best decade ever :clap: :clap:

Still here and STILL in a foul mood :hihi::hihi:

It's gotta be Thatcher, the evil witch.

Archived