North/South divide, why not just split?

Do you think the north would fair better with this set-up?

Not with Scotland being a seperate country.

It would have to be the entire North go it alone.

That is Nothern England and Scotland.

It could be a massively sucsessful country.

The trouble is the Scots have so much animosity to the English, even us northeners, that I dont think they would accept this.

The OP is working on a false premise since the geographic North doesn't hate Tories, in fact most of Yorkshire returns a Conservative MP.

Labour only prosper in dense urban areas. Scotland is mainly Lib-Dem and SNP.

UK political map

Exactly the silly responsce we expect from you Tony.

Do you work from a script or something?

Not with Scotland being a seperate country.

It would have to be the entire North go it alone.

That is Nothern England and Scotland.

It could be a massively sucsessful country.

The trouble is the Scots have so much animosity to the English, even us northeners, that I dont think they would accept this.

Some Scots have animosity to the English, just as some northerner have animosity to the south.

And Tony is spot on. It is mainly the old industrial areas of the north that are coloured red on the map. There used to be more red in Scotland too, but the SNP gave labour voters a credible alternative, as another left of centre party. Unlike the BNP or UKIP.

Personally I don't want to see the United Kingdom broken up, I'd just like to see the same opportunities for MPs who represent English constituencies being the only ones to vote on issues affecting England. The same as currently happens with the Scottish Parliament, Welsh assembly etc.

Thats what Prescott's regional assemblies were meant to do. For some reason, we didnt vote for them. :(

did we get a chance to vote?

i seem to recall only one area had a vote which came out pretty negative and then they abandoned the idea.

Exactly the silly responsce we expect from you Tony.

Do you work from a script or something?

I suppose that you could call facts a sort of a script. I tend to steer away from the world of fantasy indulged in by others.

Archived