North/South divide, why not just split?

Why stop at country split? Why not focus the split to regions as well? Sheffield for example, which has some of the poorest and wealthiest regions in the country?

Sheffield isn't big enough to have regions - but I now what you mean - taxation collected from the west / south west of the city will be far higher per head than the rest.

Why stop at country split? Why not focus the split to regions as well? Sheffield for example, which has some of the poorest and wealthiest regions in the country?

I have thought for a while that it's time for the west and south of Sheffield to leave and form their own town. The people in those areas have been very badly served by a council that is dominated by Labour from the north and east of the city. Manchester does very well made up Salford, Trafford and Manchester councils. Sheffield could do well with two smaller councils.

I have thought for a while that it's time for the west and south of Sheffield to leave and form their own town. The people in those areas have been very badly served by a council that is dominated by Labour from the north and east of the city. Manchester does very well made up Salford, Trafford and Manchester councils. Sheffield could do well with two smaller councils.

You obviously know little of Sheffield's great history.

It's the future that concerns him though.

Yes I suppose now everything else has been destroyed you may as well destroy the City.

Raze it to the ground and plough over it, as they did with Carthage.

Archived