Neighbours having domestic all night every night

Reading a thread like this and how many people have such sensible advice restores your faith in human nature.

Although it's tempting, I wouldn't ignore it as there was a child involved. I thought it was a particularly good suggestion of mrs gough's to have a word with the NSPCC.

Good luck.

Thanks for the replies.

Ive never reported them as to be honest I didnt think much would be done. They both seem to be as bad as each other and the next day are always all over each other, so I think they would say there isnt a problem. If thats how they want to live their lives thats up to them but its the fact its affecting my kids that I have a problem with.

When they are sober i would be tempted to have a word[not in a nasty way] saying how it is affecting your kids. Like you say ,if thats how they want to live there lives,but its not fair on you and your family.

When they are sober i would be tempted to have a word[not in a nasty way] saying how it is affecting your kids. Like you say ,if thats how they want to live there lives,but its not fair on you and your family.

Good idea, but i doubt anyone with that little regard for their childs wellbeing, will give a hoot about the neighbours kids :( xx

Had similiar neighbours a while back. They where private tenants, & several neighbours complained to estate agents who let the house. I also had landlords direct number so I complained to them. There was nothing he could do short term but tenancy was only a 6 month agreement, & he refused to renew for them after that. Luckily we got rid of them, so if they are private tenants, complian to who let the house. If council, complain to relevant departments but its not so easy to shift bad council tenants unfortunately.

A young couple moved in next door just before xmas.

They seem pleasent enough to talk to but every night we hear them arguing and screaming at each other, and I believe there is violence although cant be certain. The language is revolting.

Now what they do in their own house is up to them, my concern is 1. they have a young baby and 2. my kids hear every word and its starting to upset them.

Has anyone had any experience with this - is there anyone I can speak to for advice. I dont really want to approach them and cause a scene but on the other hand if its upsetting my kids then I should say something.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Sharon

Yeah! tell them to shurrup

You could also suggest that they go to the local park and duke it out there

Phone 101 everytime it happens. The Police will visit. probably not as an emergency but as the calls clock up they'll refer it to Social Services I should imagine...

If they're Social Housing tenants you can speak to their landlord in confidence. If private tenants the council have an ASB team...

Archived