The pub formerly known as Lions Lair

Kristian

Any of you who get promotional texts from Fuel will know that they are announcing the opening of a new gay bar in Sheffield tonight.

Although I'm having a night in tonight, my roving reporter at Fuel tonight tells me that this is the Lions Lair. ;)

It's one bar I've never been in; does anyone know what kind of place it is?

K x

Originally posted by PINGU

...can see the gays slippin in quite nicely. it's down a dark alley you see.

It's difficult to tell the difference between witty comment and Halitosis these days...

Oh no wait! ...

It's definitely NOT witty comment.

Originally posted by Deavon

It's difficult to tell the difference between witty comment and Halitosis these days...

Oh no wait! ...

It's definitely NOT witty comment.

I can only apologise and say I won't do it again.

It was a gay bar about 4 years ago. It passed hands from the rockers to the gay community and it died on its feet. Trade flopped and the brewery passed it on to us to run. We got it rocking again before it became the Lions Lair.

Rent is very high on this bar, I'll be surprised if it lasts any length of time as a gay bar, based on the way it flopped last time.

Nothing at all against the gay community, but it just didn't work last time.

Originally posted by Classic Rock

It was a gay bar about 4 years ago. It passed hands from the rockers to the gay community and it died on its feet. Trade flopped and the brewery passed it on to us to run. We got it rocking again before it became the Lions Lair.

Rent is very high on this bar, I'll be surprised if it lasts any length of time as a gay bar, based on the way it flopped last time.

Nothing at all against the gay community, but it just didn't work last time.

I agree........be amazed if it works......but its a very cosy and intimate little venue so it may prove me wrong! I wonder if they will still be doing the cuisine food as well.....

Archived