The pub formerly known as Lions Lair

Kristian

Thanks for merging the threads; I was wondering where my new thread on the subject had gone!

It was indeed a surprise to hear that the Lion's Lair had shut so suddenly on new year's day, as I had been hearing only last night about such and such staff at Affinity/Lion's Lair, and how they are doing, and that some of them were 'working at Lion's Lair and others at Affinity'

As I mentioned before, I'm not surprised that the Lion had to shut eventually, but it was definitely a quality venue -at least Affinity is similarly good-quality. i suppose I can be excused for my ignorance on the Lion shutting, as I had been abroad doing drag cabaret and TV shows for the last two weeks...

Alas !!! is the Lions Lair now no more? Walked past it last night said its closed from 1st Jan and to go to Affinity instead - Im gutted - another nice bar bites the dust ???

I'm still mourning the loss of it being the Yorkshireman. I used to like the fact that no matter how drunk you were, you wouldn't fall down because your shoes were stuck to the carpet. Class.

I'm still mourning the loss of it being the Yorkshireman. I used to like the fact that no matter how drunk you were, you wouldn't fall down because your shoes were stuck to the carpet. Class.

Not in the last 9 months of its life though. I ran it then and it was kept clean!

Not in the last 9 months of its life though. I ran it then and it was kept clean!

Well said; Did you mean you ran it for the last 9 months of it under the Lions Lair name, or the Yorkshireman?

Perhaps we could hold a mock funeral in Sheffield Cemetery, for what I always thought was a great bar!

Admin, could you change the name of the thread to something more appropriate than 'New Gay Bar ...Lions Lair', as it is unlikely to open if it is being knocked down. Just renaming the thread 'Lion's Lair' will do fine...

Archived