The pub formerly known as Lions Lair

Kristian

Been in the Lions Lair quite a few times since the new management taken over, the crowd it seems to be mainly attracting is 35+, not that Im saying this is a bad thing or anything but it does seem kinda like an overflow for the Roebuck lol!

Originally posted by PINGU

By saying it is a gay bar now, doesn't mean that straight, or bi persons for that matter, cannot go in.

I'm sure all the old customers will be more than welcome as long as they don't have a problem with the gay clientele. I'm sure the touching of straight people will be kept to a minimum.

Sheffields gay scene really needs this bar, and from what I have heard the bar was not doing well as a 'straight' bar. At the end of the day the decision will have been a financial one. Have you seen how big the pink pound is? Massive.

No, I abolutely ubnderstand (and appreciate) that I wont be turned away for being an alpha male ;) but I do think it's a big step.

My comments about it being a strange decisionare in relation to Buffy (Classic Rock) saying that the venue failed as a gay bar previously.Hopefully the new owners/management team can make a success of it though :thumbsup:

Lets not revel in the fact that it will be demolished, it's been said about 3 times in this thread already.

Let those who enjoy it, enjoy it while it lasts.

If you are going to say yeah but it's a fact, bore off.

I have found posts about this that are saying it wont get demolished, others saying it will, does anyone know for sure what is going to be demolished around this area ? I would be amazed if Fuel got this pub only for it to be demolished, unless it is a short-term place in preparation for a bigger pub. :suspect:

I know we have some council members on the forum ... maybe they know, to put us out of our misery ;)

posted by jamesbuk30

hey hello guys - gotta say i am really quite impressed with the Lions Lair (went for a few on NYE)- ok its small or should that read cosy!lol but it seemed pretty friendly...

We were in there on NYE as well :thumbsup: What were the chances of us seeing each other, I would say 99% as its a nice cosy place, and were stood right in the middle of the pub, seen by all sides. :thumbsup:

Archived