Easter thoughts

Not in any way shape or form. Jesus was mortal, and had two mortal parents.

Seems fair to assume that you accept Jesus as fact and even if you don't believe he was the son of God, whatever happened in 3 short years of ministering it changed history. The God of Israel was opened up to the rest of the world. Even if your a atheist you have to accept Jesus changed the world forever

Seems fair to assume that you accept Jesus as fact

Not completely. There is enough historical proof towards his existence for me to accept that a man named Jesus existed, but there isn't nowhere near the amount of historical data compared to other people of his time. There were many religious preachers in the Eastern realms of the Roman Empire. Nobody in Rome thought enough to record every single one.

and even if you don't believe he was the son of God, whatever happened in 3 short years of ministering it changed history. [...] Even if your a atheist you have to accept Jesus changed the world forever

I like Jesus in his humanitarian mode, which is ironically the part most Christians seem to ignore. The forgiving, turning the other cheek mode. I reject his divinity, and I reject all miracles - the man did not walk on water. His life was made into myth when written down long after his death. Seperating any truth from religious myth has become very difficult indeed.

Aesop had more " fables " than the Bible which is just a book of other peoples thoughts if at the time coiuld either read or write. Think what you think and go with it, peple who believe in Jesus don't swwm to get to heaven very quickly for a better life, they only want a better life when theirs is in the decline.

Seems fair to assume that you accept Jesus as fact and even if you don't believe he was the son of God, whatever happened in 3 short years of ministering it changed history. The God of Israel was opened up to the rest of the world. Even if your a atheist you have to accept Jesus changed the world forever

Considering few, if any, people mention Jesus while he was supposedly ministering, I can't help but think that he didn't exist(maybe he's just another Greek demi-god with a mix of Judaism?). Still, even if he did, I see no reason to assume he was anything other than a man: one leading a Greek/Judaic doomsday cult.

It also seems to me that the cult, like others, flourished during the first two centuries because of Roman tolerance towards religion. But Christian intolerance of other religions, beliefs, and the Roman state, grew. In turn, complaints to the Roman authorities grew - this, of course, led to Christians being persecuted and oppressed.

It wasn't until those likes Augustine & Constantine, who recognised that the new religion could be used to make good slaves out of bad slaves, that the cult was elevated to the level of state religion.

The Christian Church and governments then spent the following centuries persecuting and oppressing anyone who wasn't a Christian(or the wrong type of Christian). They did this using the threat of imprisonment, torture, fine, slavery and death.

So yes, Jesus(whether a real man or Greek/Judaic invention), did change the world. His, or the teachings attributed to him, caused centuries of suffering and bloodshed: with the help of Christian authorities and the governments they had entwined themselves with.

Considering few, if any, people mention Jesus while he was supposedly ministering, I can't help but think that he didn't exist(maybe he's just another Greek demi-god with a mix of Judaism?). Still, even if he did, I see no reason to assume he was anything other than a man: one leading a Greek/Judaic doomsday cult.

It also seems to me that the cult, like others, flourished during the first two centuries because of Roman tolerance towards religion. But Christian intolerance of other religions, beliefs, and the Roman state, grew. In turn, complaints to the Roman authorities grew - this, of course, led to Christians being persecuted and oppressed.

It wasn't until those likes Augustine & Constantine, who recognised that the new religion could be used to make good slaves out of bad slaves, that the cult was elevated to the level of state religion.

The Christian Church and governments then spent the following centuries persecuting and oppressing anyone who wasn't a Christian(or the wrong type of Christian). They did this using the threat of imprisonment, torture, fine, slavery and death.

So yes, Jesus(whether a real man or Greek/Judaic invention), did change the world. His, or the teachings attributed to him, caused centuries of suffering and bloodshed: with the help of Christian authorities and the governments they had entwined themselves with.

HAPPY EASTER Rydoe :rant:

:)

Archived