What age is too "old" to have a baby

Just wondering at what age you would think is too old to have a baby? Im 40 and have a 15 yr old daughter and find myself getting broody again. My daughter is independant now and feel she know longer needs me for most things. Should i be living me life now or start again? I'm just wanting other peoples opinions, pro's and cons.

Thank you

Rachael

40 - 45 seems ok to me I think once you go over this there's chances for more complications and defects of baby. Also when your child is 21 you will be 62 . I'd rather adopt or foster . As I wouldn't like to parent at those years . Thats your time to indulge I think. And your broody ness can be put into a good cause to your emotions and children's health and welfare. But if you want one have one. Im all about do what one wants. All pregnancies have the chances of complications . Give it serious thought for yourself others.and research or join other forums on the topic best to gain knowledge on others experience who have took the step and not. And most importantly I believe maybe the future . All the best. If you plan to become pregnant join me im 19weeks atm and its not all roses :-)

40 is not old at all. This is as far as biology goes.. I know someone who had their first child at 45, the child is now grown up and the person in question has been a fantastic mum.

Personally I would say you are lucky to have a daughter already, and to be able to make a choice about having another child. If it is right for you, go for it; people can't and shouldn't really tell you if it is wrong or right, it is such a personal issue. No doubt you will get some opinions on this here though:)

Bottom line is that you can be just as good a mum to another child as you have been to your daughter, and no doubt will find it a different experience to the first time... think the idea is that you can learn from the mistakes you made the first time round:) although those I know with 2 or more kids may well disagree on that one:D

Plenty of women have kids in their late 30s and 40s, whether first time or not, sometimes it's a matter of choice, other times it isn't. 40 is not really an age to be concerned about anything apart from whether this is something you want to, and able to do.

i was 30 before i had my first... .lol, now ive got 2 (13 and 11), mind u no more now i had the snip a fair few years ago lol

I was 31 before my daughter came along and she 8 now.

I wont behaving the snip though. I could never do that to me little pal.

Just wondering at what age you would think is too old to have a baby? Im 40 and have a 15 yr old daughter and find myself getting broody again. My daughter is independant now and feel she know longer needs me for most things. Should i be living me life now or start again? I'm just wanting other peoples opinions, pro's and cons.

Thank you

Rachael

Do you want a child or are you simply wanting something that's dependent on you?

You should be living your life regardless of how many kids you have/want/need but if you want to keep on popping them out then do that or, get a job as a nursery nurse as that might be enough to fill the void of losing a child to adulthood.

Archived