What age is too "old" to have a baby

I think it is selfish to have children the way this country is at present

I know, disgusting!

Free schooling; free healthcare; clean water; plentiful supply of food; free housing and money if you aren't working; freedom of oppression; relative freedom of speech and actions... I mean what kind of BEAST would bring a child into the monstrous and inhumane society that we have in this country.

I was just 37 when I became a grandmother, I would have my grandaughter most weekends and often in the week too from being a tiny baby. I was often mistaken for her mummy.

We had fantasic fun as she got older and we'd take her on holiday with us and at the weekend she and I would go shopping, have lunch, go to the cinema, theatre ect. We still do those things and she is 17 and I am 54.

What I am saying is although she wasn't mine, I still had fun and enjoy her company even more now, and I know it will be a bit different for you as you would have the child all the time but children are a blessing and if you want another child go for it. The only people who really should be having a say in this is you and your partner and maybe your daughter.

I personally think there is a limit, if you can't conceive naturally due to your age then you are too old imo. I definitely don't agree with 60-odd year olds having IVF to become parents.

However if 40 was 'too old' I wouldn't be here! If you're fit and healthy and able to then there's no reason why not.

I was just 37 when I became a grandmother, I would have my grandaughter most weekends and often in the week too from being a tiny baby. I was often mistaken for her mummy.

We had fantasic fun as she got older and we'd take her on holiday with us and at the weekend she and I would go shopping, have lunch, go to the cinema, theatre ect. We still do those things and she is 17 and I am 54.

What I am saying is although she wasn't mine, I still had fun and enjoy her company even more now, and I know it will be a bit different for you as you would have the child all the time but children are a blessing and if you want another child go for it. The only people who really should be having a say in this is you and your partner and maybe your daughter.

Thank you for all your replies i'm reading with interest. The one i have quoted has made my mind up along with a few others. At the end of the day i'm healthy and energetic enough to cope with another. Like a mum to be at any age its a big decision as we all know its life changing its just that i felt i needed to hurry along my decision as time isnt on my side! Thanks again everyone!

Rachael

I would put more thought into it than just reading a few posts on a forum.

Of course you are going to "make your mind up" by the kind of post you quoted, because it mirrors what you want to do. Just like you will ignore any of the posts which are against you having a baby.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do, but you definitely need to put a lot of thought into it. Maybe speak personally to some professionals.

I would put more thought into it than just reading a few posts on a forum.

Of course you are going to "make your mind up" by the kind of post you quoted, because it mirrors what you want to do. Just like you will ignore any of the posts which are against you having a baby.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do, but you definitely need to put a lot of thought into it. Maybe speak personally to some professionals.

Sometimes we need justification for what we already know we'll do ;)

Archived