What age is too "old" to have a baby

Thank you for all your replies i'm reading with interest. The one i have quoted has made my mind up along with a few others. At the end of the day i'm healthy and energetic enough to cope with another. Like a mum to be at any age its a big decision as we all know its life changing its just that i felt i needed to hurry along my decision as time isnt on my side! Thanks again everyone!

Rachael

If you really want another child I would suggest not waiting too long. I started going through the change at 40 had gone though it completely by 45.

I had my 3rd child, who is now 7, at 40 and, in my opinion, it's the best thing we ever chose to do.

His older brother and sister (22 and 20) adore him to the point of ruination, and his input to our family has been amazing.

He brings fun, joy, laughter and cheekiness to a whole new level. He is confident, bright and runs us all ragged sometimes. Plus, had I not had him, I would not be so knowledgeable about such important topics as Sponge Bob Square pants, Adventure Time, Chowder, Johnny Test et al! :D

I don`t have any kids, because I know I would be a very bad parent. If I had one I would have to take the child to one side, as soon as it was 4 years old and explain to it, that it is now old enough to go out and get a job, and should now contribute to the household expenses.

Of course for women its differant, they only need to feel broody!

Just wondering at what age you would think is too old to have a baby? Im 40 and have a 15 yr old daughter and find myself getting broody again. My daughter is independant now and feel she know longer needs me for most things. Should i be living me life now or start again? I'm just wanting other peoples opinions, pro's and cons.

Thank you

Rachael

97 i think ? Imagine the scrap for the mashed up food.

Archived