Boat race protestor..next the olympics??

because the race had to be stopped and re-run as you know and the guy who collapsed after the second re-start was endangered, its highly unlikely that he would have collapsed after the first race as that is what he trained for ONE race not 1 and a half races:roll::roll:

So it's his fault that one of the rowers pushed himself to exhaustion?

As I understand it the guy did not collapse after the incident with the swimmer, he chose to continue with race, endangering himself.

He hasn't offered an attitude to protest in general, so on what basis do you come to that conclusion?

I suppose that's true, not explicitly. I guess I was extrapolating from his stated attitude towards this protest and any potential future protests at the Olympics.

It would be a bit strange for them to say the things they said without being generally against protesting and civil disobedience at least a little bit.

So it's his fault that one of the rowers pushed himself to exhaustion?

As I understand it the guy did not collapse after the incident with the swimmer, he chose to continue with race, endangering himself.

no its his fault that the race had to be re-run:loopy: dont you see??:rolleyes:

no its his fault that the race had to be re-run:loopy: dont you see??:rolleyes:

No it's only his fault that the race was stopped, not that it was re-run, it certainly didn't 'have' to be re-run, everyone involved had a free choice. The rowers knew at that point that they'd be pushing themselves harder than they had trained for yet they carried on.

I suppose that's true, not explicitly. I guess I was extrapolating from his stated attitude towards this protest and any potential future protests at the Olympics.

It would be a bit strange for them to say the things they said without being generally against protesting and civil disobedience at least a little bit.

got it in one:D yes am against protesting in these types of incident, and civil disobedience should be clamped down on hard! to set an example

No it's only his fault that the race was stopped, not that it was re-run, it certainly didn't 'have' to be re-run, everyone involved had a free choice. The rowers knew at that point that they'd be pushing themselves harder than they had trained for yet they carried on.

bit of an attention seeker...next stop big brother....and a column in the sun...should have just smacked him with the oar...

Archived