Boat race protestor..next the olympics??

No it's only his fault that the race was stopped, not that it was re-run, it certainly didn't 'have' to be re-run, everyone involved had a free choice. The rowers knew at that point that they'd be pushing themselves harder than they had trained for yet they carried on.

if you want to split hairs fine, but you and i both know the reality, pressure from media tv, spectators, sponsors money etc etc and the fact the rowing teams would want to finish, but the fact remains if this idiot hadnt decided to jump in the race in all probability would have finished without incident first time around. so ineffect the everythin that went on from the point he jumped in was HIS fault!

if you want to split hairs fine, but you and i both know the reality, pressure from media tv, spectators, sponsors money etc etc and the fact the rowing teams would want to finish, but the fact remains if this idiot hadnt decided to jump in the race in all probability would have finished without incident first time around. so ineffect the everythin that went on from the point he jumped in was HIS fault!

The conclusion doesn't follow from the argument. He forced the race to be stopped; even you are admitting that other factors forced it to re-start.

The conclusion doesn't follow from the argument. He forced the race to be stopped; even you are admitting that other factors forced it to re-start.

the other factors only came into play because of his actions in my opnion

More of that friendly persona Sheffield brags of ;)
I agree with eastbank. There's always some holier-than-thou self-satisfied fool who thinks their nebulous 'cause' is more important than the dedication of the participants and enjoyment of the onlookers out to spoil things. At first, I thought the person with with broken oar had hit him. Accidentally, of course.

The Boat Race doesn't have the same importance in the national psyche that if did in previous years, so let's hope when he decides to run onto the field at the final of some other sporting occasion, he gets the same support. I doubt it.

I agree with eastbank. There's always some holier-than-thou self-satisfied fool who thinks their nebulous 'cause' is more important than the dedication of the participants and enjoyment of the onlookers out to spoil things. At first, I thought the person with with broken oar had hit him. Accidentally, of course.

The Boat Race doesn't have the same importance in the national psyche that if did in previous years, so let's hope when he decides to run onto the field at the final of some other sporting occasion, he gets the same support. I doubt it.

None of which matters. He protested as is his right to do so (he thought).

Maybe the boatrace means nothing in Sheffield but he spoilt a lot of peoples enjoyment yesterday and people from all walks of life !!!

Let's hope he chooses the National Truck racing finals as the scene of his next protest !!!!

Like that annoying Emily Davison woman?

Archived