Boat race protestor..next the olympics??

Maybe the boatrace means nothing in Sheffield but he spoilt a lot of peoples enjoyment yesterday and people from all walks of life !!!

Let's hope he chooses the National Truck racing finals as the scene of his next protest !!!!

I totally agree with you. My comment was aimed at the undoubted fact that it doesn't as figure as highly as it once did, which is why some people are blithely supporting the 'protester'. It'd be a different story if it was something they enjoyed, no doubt.

In my childhood, it was hugely important as an annual event. We used to make and wear rosettes in our chosen team colours and go around challenging other kids about which team they supported. The boys usually got fobbed off with Oxford as we girls preferred the light blues.

Maybe the boatrace means nothing in Sheffield but he spoilt a lot of peoples enjoyment yesterday and people from all walks of life !!!

Let's hope he chooses the National Truck racing finals as the scene of his next protest !!!!

Indeed. A crowd numbering an estimated 250,000 plus a staggering worldwide audience of around 400 million in 180 countries. Seems Rubydazzler was right. It just doesn't capture interest anymore.

Like that annoying Emily Davison woman?
Oh don't be so silly. That was a proper cause, with an established movement, support, aim and history. Although she was a prime candidate for a Darwin award, if we're truthful.

Can you explain to me what his cause is all about, do you understand what he was protesting about, really? He's against 'Elitism'? And jumping in the river and disrupting a popular sporting event is going to further that cause, how? :huh:

Indeed. A crowd numbering an estimated 250,000 plus a staggering worldwide audience of around 400 million in 180 countries. Seems Rubydazzler was right. It just doesn't capture interest anymore.
That isn't what I said. Seems you are numbering amongst the hard of understanding today. Too much chocolate?

Well done matey !!! I dont mind the odd protest when its needed and it gave people a laugh. Beware, Olympic organisers, the eyes of the world will be on the UK and it will give protest groups a stage. It aint fair on the sportsmen and women who have trained hard for 4 or more years to have their event wrecked...........but it will show the world that everything in Camerons 'Big Society' is not all well............

In crossing mny fingers they try to protest during the boxing. With any luck theyd get a swift right hook.

Imagine the headlines,

"Boxer takes revenge for ring invasion"

Archived