End to the war on drugs? A new era

Do you really believe that the distribution of diamorphine will be similar to alcohol? It'll probably be "sold" from the same place that diamorphine is currently sold, legally. So yes I think it stands.

If it's to create the effect you are desiring, then it must be easy for them to get it, and if it's legal, then they have a human right to it!

Are you saying some scag head living in an outer township is going to go all the way into town for a fix, when they can get it from next door without being preached at and the ability to enjoy it how they want to, not restricted to big brother doing it for them in a small isolated cubicle.

You are attempting to alter the behaviour of people who take this recreationally, one second you say it should be free and readily available, then to suit the debate point you say it's restricted and hard to get hold of... which is it?

I've no idea what the street price of drugs are but is it cheaper than prescription charges ?

The quantity and consumption rate is very different. (unless you are one of those who need to carry a bag around for all the pills you take)

The quantity and consumption rate is very different. (unless you are one of those who need to carry a bag around for all the pills you take)

I was thinking about the amount that a chemist would supply if the law changed to last the same period as prescribed medicine.

I was thinking about the amount that a chemist would supply if the law changed to last the same period as prescribed medicine.

What do they say, £100 a day habit, say if controlled by the government and that then costs £10 then that's £70 a week.

During the periods that I smoke weed I get through about an ounce and a half a week, which is anywhere from £120 to £200 an ounce or if I have to resort to street deals, it can be anywhere from £240 to £380 an ounce.

But from calculations I could do homegrown (with cf lights) and produce about 9 ounces for £20 if done on the cheap (once set up).

To any who put me on one side of the fence, they are very wrong, i've regularly done drugs for almost 30 years... but when it comes to legalising, I know it isn't as straight forward as some would like to think.

If it's to create the effect you are desiring, then it must be easy for them to get it, and if it's legal, then they have a human right to it!

Are you saying some scag head living in an outer township is going to go all the way into town for a fix, when they can get it from next door without being preached at and the ability to enjoy it how they want to, not restricted to big brother doing it for them in a small isolated cubicle.

You are attempting to alter the behaviour of people who take this recreationally, one second you say it should be free and readily available, then to suit the debate point you say it's restricted and hard to get hold of... which is it?

Where does the person suffering from chronic pain who lives in the outer townships currently get their strong opiods from? And your right, the system will work better if the pharmacy dispensed the drugs to them rather than have a health professional administer it to them.

I have never stated that it should be made freely available, if you cannot provide a quote that disputes this I'll assume that you've withdrawn this allegation.

Morphine is legal in this country; so is tramadol. Nobody has a human right to them. Why would you expect them to have a human right to heroin?

Morphine is legal in this country; so is tramadol. Nobody has a human right to them. Why would you expect them to have a human right to heroin?

Actually if you expand that, heroin is also legal in this country with a valid prescription. The only change I'm arguing for is allowing the heroin to be prescribed for drug addiction.

Archived