The problems of Christian fundamentalism in the US

To all who question my views. i use whatever church is open, C of E, Methodist, Catholic, to me they are all churches. Anyone condeming one church and using another to me is a fundamentalist. Faith grows within you, it is part of you, it is you and and you dont need telling how or what to believe. Muslims and Christians share the same God, they just have different prophets. Does it matter if their is no God ?? No, as long as your faith gives you comfort and keeps you on the straight and narrow. Thats where my pagan part fills the gap, its a God I can see, or, if you like, evidence I can see. All fundamentalists who use religion to acheive ulterior motives ar to frighten people or to punish people are in my opinion wrong. For years, Catholic Jesuits terrified people with eternal pergertory. Before that the inquisitions were used to control people by fear. islamic fundamentalists still do with their threats and Jihads. Go into an old style Gothic Church, the architecture and atmosphere focusses the mind. I find it relaxing. i have no time for atheists, fundamentalists, canvassing Mormons or Jehovas Witnesses, even the strange belief of many C of E Bishops that women should not be ordained is wrong and belongs in the stoneage. Loosen up, think outside of the box, accept other peoples beliefs and respect them. Religion changes with the times, nothing should be set in stone.

I am not schizophrenic, I just choose the good parts from a number of religions. If it will foster goodwill between races and nations, stop futile wars etc then it must be worth it. But as I said I dont split hairs, I dont debate endless points, its not worth it, I leave that to the fundamentalists [ or the SF Debating Society ] If you cant see the bigger picture then sit and think until you do, but I can tell you it takes years.

So, your way or the highway... nice!

i have no time for atheists, fundamentalists, canvassing Mormons or Jehovas Witnesses, even the strange belief of many C of E Bishops that women should not be ordained is wrong and belongs in the stoneage. Loosen up, think outside of the box, accept other peoples beliefs and respect them. Religion changes with the times, nothing should be set in stone.

These lesser mortals you say you turn away from your door, is that just because they don't believe the same things as your god fairy king supposedly ordered?

These lesser mortals you say you turn away from your door, is that just because they don't believe the same things as your god fairy king supposedly ordered?

This is just what I mean, you have totally missed the point................

Start reading at the beginning.......again...

If you cant see the bigger picture then sit and think until you do, but I can tell you it takes years.

Lol, so anyone who doesn't agree with you just hasn't thought about it enough to be as enlightened as you, yeah that's really convincing. :rolleyes:

To all who question my views. i use whatever church is open, C of E, Methodist, Catholic, to me they are all churches. Anyone condeming one church and using another to me is a fundamentalist. Faith grows within you, it is part of you, it is you and and you dont need telling how or what to believe. Muslims and Christians share the same God, they just have different prophets. Does it matter if their is no God ?? No, as long as your faith gives you comfort and keeps you on the straight and narrow. Thats where my pagan part fills the gap, its a God I can see, or, if you like, evidence I can see. All fundamentalists who use religion to acheive ulterior motives ar to frighten people or to punish people are in my opinion wrong. For years, Catholic Jesuits terrified people with eternal pergertory. Before that the inquisitions were used to control people by fear. islamic fundamentalists still do with their threats and Jihads. Go into an old style Gothic Church, the architecture and atmosphere focusses the mind. I find it relaxing. i have no time for atheists, fundamentalists, canvassing Mormons or Jehovas Witnesses, even the strange belief of many C of E Bishops that women should not be ordained is wrong and belongs in the stoneage. Loosen up, think outside of the box, accept other peoples beliefs and respect them. Religion changes with the times, nothing should be set in stone.

I am not schizophrenic, I just choose the good parts from a number of religions. If it will foster goodwill between races and nations, stop futile wars etc then it must be worth it. But as I said I dont split hairs, I dont debate endless points, its not worth it, I leave that to the fundamentalists [ or the SF Debating Society ] If you cant see the bigger picture then sit and think until you do, but I can tell you it takes years.

My whole point is that you are not fostering good will though. This undermines your entire argument.

You seemingly choose 'the good parts' from a number of religions as long as they aren't Islam. Islam is as good or bad as any religion, but you seem oblivious to this fact, maybe if you learned more about it instead of doing with Islam as you are complaining about being done unto you then you may realize your own prejudice.

I'm going to repeat myself a little here, it seems your idea of the good bits are entirely those that most certainly 'do not' respect others.

I now await the debating society/atheist/agnostic and generally annoying brigades views. I find most of them immature and almost sad, their 'hair splitting' arguments prevent them from viewing a much bigger picture.

Oh come on now...Stop exaggerating! they are not all the same.

One of them is very nice.:hihi:

My whole point is that you are not fostering good will though. This undermines your entire argument.

You seemingly choose 'the good parts' from a number of religions as long as they aren't Islam. Islam is as good or bad as any religion, but you seem oblivious to this fact, maybe if you learned more about it instead of doing with Islam as you are complaining about being done unto you then you may realize your own prejudice.

I'm going to repeat myself a little here, it seems your idea of the good bits are entirely those that most certainly 'do not' respect others.

End of story........BUT dont accuse me of of islamophobia. My statement was not an argument, just a general version of my view of MY religion. Dont ever accuse me of prejudice, I have an equal dislike of all bigots.

Now all be good children and return to sticking your heads up your own a........

Archived