The problems of Christian fundamentalism in the US

Good post and yet Six45ive and others blather on about Christian fundamentalism in the US as if this country is being taken over by sinister Evangelical forces of some kind when in fact it's only the Nut Section in the Republican party who are busily destroying that party with their daft statements.

I've no love for Romney but he's not one of these nutters and that;s probably why the Republicans are less than happy that he's in the forefront for the nomination. They'd sooner see someone like Santorum get the nomination instead.

Anyway a curse on our enemies and may confusion and mayhem fill their tents :D

Santorum? Not now!

You'll be given the usual explantion about the abbreviation which I can't fully remember anyway, something to do with x being pronounced chris in some alphabet or language or other.

At the end of the day, Christianity is so named after a person, and his name wasn't X, it was Christ.

Lol, no it wasn't. His name was Jesus. Christ comes from the Hebrew for messiah.

I also assume anyone up in arms about the use of xtian is equally offended by the use of xmas.

jb

Do Christian values make any sense if you deny the existence of god? I don't think so.

Yes they do, the ethics of the free world and democracy are based on Christian values. All Christians preach is tolerance and honesty and kindness whenever possible. This is sensible even if you dont believe in God.

Budhism is the same, whether you believe in the religion or not, but Islam and its cruel Sharia law has no place in the modern world. if it carries on being 'un-cool' to be a Christian you will soon be under Sharia Law and living in an Islamic state. Dont 'knock' Christianity, we have a lot to learn from it, and a lot to gain. Belief in a God is optional, treating people fairly and being kind, generous, forgiving and honest is not optional. Its necessary to foster a decent society . Think outside of the box, expand your mind..

Yes they do, the ethics of the free world and democracy are based on Christian values.

Democracy isn't based on Christian values at all. Democracy originated in ancient Greece – long before Christianity. In fact, within Christianity, there is no democracy. So you are either ignorant or being dishonest.

All Christians preach is tolerance and honesty and kindness whenever possible. This is sensible even if you dont believe in God.

Yes, it's sensible whether you believe in god or not. However, all Christians do not preach tolerance and kindness whenever possible. I'll also add that Christianity is intolerant because many of its teachings, including the ten commandments, are inherently intolerant.

but Islam and its cruel Sharia law has no place in the modern world.

As far as I'm concerned, cruel laws – regardless of where they originate - have no place in the modern world.

if it carries on being 'un-cool' to be a Christian you will soon be under Sharia Law and living in an Islamic state.

Sorry, but I don't agree.

Dont 'knock' Christianity, we have a lot to learn from it, and a lot to gain.

1700 years of Christianity caused a great deal of intolerance & bloodshed. Likewise, it also gave us quite a few cruel laws. And you think we have a lot to learn and gain from Christianity? You're joking, aren't you?

I'm not joking. I'm not a member of any religion either. i do have a faith 'of sorts'. i reckon its part Christian, part pagan, with a respect for creatures as in Budhism. Historically Christians caused mayhem, as do all fundamentallists but in todays society the majority of them are good and decent people.

I'm not joking. I'm not a member of any religion either. i do have a faith 'of sorts'. i reckon its part Christian, part pagan, with a respect for creatures as in Budhism. Historically Christians caused mayhem, as do all fundamentallists but in todays society the majority of them are good and decent people.

Yes Nimrod, Some of us arn't really to bad when you get to know us.:)

Archived