Japanese culture what is wrong with them?

I have never been one to refuse to eat meat or fish, it is something I enjoy and like the taste of, and think for the most part it is not really cruel. However I am in disbelief that a modern civilised country such as Japan enjoys eating food live, I think that the excuse that they do it because they know it's fresh does not wash with me, I feel they do it because they get some sick kick or feeling of power from doing so.

Do you agree it is their culture and should not be interfered with? Do any other countrys have such an appetite they have to eat food while it's alive?

It's dead. Fresh, but dead. It's rhe sodium in the sauce that triggers neurons to fire.

It's a phenomenom that can be observed in numerous muscles etc post death.... eh adrenaline and/or electric shock can cause a heart to pump briefly even out of the body.

It is dead....

Maybe try reading it first? The sodium in the soy sauce essentially causes spasms in the muscles. Just google it.

Unlike oysters, which often are alive when we eat them.

Well done for spending 2 mins reading the youtube comments and coming back with a 'it's okay because' response.

I guess it's the flames on this one why it is still moving, not because it's alive eh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoqxA5gefDA&

Of course I read the comments, it does not make them truthful!

My Mum's first job when she left school was boiling crabs alive in the market. All meat is murder.

There is something awful about a team of men fighting a squid onto a grill though.

Your not wrong, makes me upset it is a daily event on an evening out their.

I didn't just read the comments, I did some research...which you didn't do, so why you are getting at me for your mistake is beyond me. And at no point did I say it was ok, since that wasn't your question.

And again, oysters. And if we are including cooking it while alive, lobster.

I'm not 'getting at you', just dont understand how someone can defend it.

Another example, but just moving because of soy sauce eh?

Where did i defend it? You asked whether there were any other countries that did this. I gave you one. The UK.

We eat oysters alive. We boil lobsters alive.

You seem to be ignoring that fact and concentrating on the eastern variety - any reason?

Yes, all the videos I'm finding are from Japan, which is in the east?

Archived