Help with Gas Oven

Hi, my Gas oven has decided to stop working. I've been told it's the Thermocouple that has gone. does anyone know if it is easy to fix and how expensive it would be:( Thanks

Same thing went on my gas fire ,i bought a new thermo couple it took about 20mins to fit, my fires now working 'OK'.

Same thing went on my gas fire ,i bought a new thermo couple it took about 20mins to fit, my fires now working 'OK'.

You should not be doing this, gas should only be tackled by qualified people. You are playing with your life and your families unless you have had it checked by gas safe engineer

That's fine if you are but if you're not is it worth risking your families life to save a few quid?

Actually Im not.:)

But i am more than competent to fit a thermocouple to a gas fire,I installed my heating system including boiler some years ago and it works fine, as it should. I do my own electrics and almost any other job that comes to mind .I am not a motor mechanic but service my own car etc, no point in paying out silly money for something i can do my self and have done for years.

Archived