Bicycle seat, my behind hurts like mad.

This may seem a silly question, but I’ve been out on my mountain bike today and well my behind is screaming. This got me thinking has I have had an injury in my behind for quite a while now and just ignored it and carried on. But on coming home today and with my behind on fire, I looked up bicycle seat injuries on Google and found that bike seats can cause long-lasting injury to the rider?

I know this post may seem a little bizarre, but I’m just asking if any cyclists’ out-there have experienced this or heard of such complications?

Yes, I did type this stood up.

Are you a seasoned cyclist or just a 'now and then' cyclist?

I used to cycle hundreds (maybe a thousand or so) miles over a summer - but not at all over winter. The first time out in spring and my bum used to kill me - best thing I found was to miss a day and then go out the next day - killed for a few miles but was then ok.

Those cheap nasty ones they put on most bikes just want binning. Once tried, most cyclists swear by a Brooks B17 saddle and they have the added advantage that you will be able to pass it down to your grandchildren.

To those that know, the only thing cooler than a Brookes B17 is a Brookes Swallow which allows you the occasional Eddy Mercxx fantasy. :)

Get a gel seat, makes all the difference :)

If I haven't cycled for a while, it does hurt after on my pelvic bones, I'm quite skinny so I don't have much 'padding' there :hihi:

And while your at it..get a mirror for it...you'll never look back :hihi:

Archived