260 Langsett Road

We have opened a shop here and it dates back to the 1900's. Does anyone have any info on what its been over the years. Previously it was a second hand shop but I am looking to find info going further back. Its stone built with some very old stone foundations in the cellar. Any information would be very helpful especially if it was residential at some time. The coal hole at the front is bigger than the other shops in the row so maybe the cellar was used for storage. The oak beam in the cellar looks like it was used for something else before built into the property.

Thankyou Mick.

We have opened a shop here and it dates back to the 1900's. Does anyone have any info on what its been over the years. Previously it was a second hand shop but I am looking to find info going further back. Its stone built with some very old stone foundations in the cellar. Any information would be very helpful especially if it was residential at some time. The coal hole at the front is bigger than the other shops in the row so maybe the cellar was used for storage. The oak beam in the cellar looks like it was used for something else before built into the property.

Thankyou Mick.

1891 census

260 Langsett Rd- Joseph Allen- fishmonger

The date over the door of another building which appears to be in the same block is 1855, so I would assume that it dates from the same time.

More than likely, no numbers for Langsett Road 1861 but six away from the Burgoyne Arms ( landlord The Norfolk Giant, Robert Hales) is a possibility of George Couldwell, spring knife cutler.

More than likely, no numbers for Langsett Road 1861 but six away from the Burgoyne Arms ( landlord The Norfolk Giant, Robert Hales) is a possibility of George Couldwell, spring knife cutler.
Whats a spring knife cutler?.

Archived