Marriage..who's really happy?

We have have been married for 34 years I was 18 and she was 16 when we got married yes it was a shot gun wedding as well,we are totally opposites and we never see eye to eye on anything she is very intelligent and has loads of qualifications and is in constant demand with here work, I am just a plain old car mechanic but we seem to get on and I love here as much as ever and I could not imagine my life with out her we have 2 wonderful kids and loads of gran kinds we do argue about things sometimes but we always seem to sort thing out in the end, I have never thought about another woman and truly love my wife she is my sole mate and I would lay my life down for here, I don't know what makes a good marriage but they say opposites attract we have been through some hard times in the past but we have always stuck together.

We have have been married for 34 years I was 18 and she was 16 when we got married yes it was a shot gun wedding as well,we are totally opposites and we never see eye to eye on anything she is very intelligent and has loads of qualifications and is in constant demand with here work, I am just a plain old car mechanic but we seem to get on and I love here as much as ever and I could not imagine my life with out her we have 2 wonderful kids and loads of gran kinds we do argue about things sometimes but we always seem to sort thing out in the end, I have never thought about another woman and truly love my wife she is my sole mate and I would lay my life down for here, I don't know what makes a good marriage but they say opposites attract we have been through some hard times in the past but we have always stuck together.

So your her bit of rough then?:hihi:

Why do women see themselves as failures if they're not married, have a house, a car, 2.4 children and a cat and a dog by the time they reach 26?

:hihi: Excellent, I've got most of that except the kids and the ring, I'm 27 so obviously doing well!

OP have you actually talked to your wife about this problem?! I'm not married but have been with my OH for a fair while, we definitely don't have a relationship like you describe though, it sounds very abnormal imo.

Singledom, highly overated. You see what I did there? Yes? Good. :rolleyes:

Nope. Marriage isn't the only means of having a relationship. You think by not being married you have to instinctively be single?:roll:

Archived