Shopping at Costco - would you recommend it?

Hi everyone,

Is there anyone here who shops at the Costco in Sheffield? Do you recommend it, and think the membership is worth the savings you would get shopping there? I have a family with two small children (under 2 and a half, both in nappies) and prefer to do fewer shops, in bulk, than having to queue up weekly at Tesco!

I would recommend it but it's not for everyone. I've had a membership for a few years and have bought all sorts.

Family/friends have regularly bought nappies and wipes there as the prices are generally about the same/slightly better than other places but they often have offers so it's a chance to stock up. If you've got the space it's worth getting loo rolls, kitchen towel, boxes tissues etc

I've bought a couple of TVs there before and today I've bought a new microwave/combination oven. I had a quick look online to compare prices and it was £50 cheaper than elsewhere - I might have got lucky with that one so don't assume all prices are that much cheaper!

The pizzas are great for families or visitors. I also buy meat there. It is decent quality so I freeze in individual portions if not using.

It may be worth asking if you can go and have a look. I think I've seen someone else mention that you can do that.

I lovelovelove Costco.

I really think its value for money. Toilet roll, soft drinks, meat, and more. We bought our flooring for our living room, which our builder has been bragging about to other customers about (who also happen to be our friends) for a lot less than something similar in B&Q or other flooring places would cost.

Things we regularly buy/stock from Costco

• Washing detergent (liquid)- Persil Bio - two bottles over 100 washes - £12
  • Disinfecting kitchen wipes - 195 kitchen roll sized sheets for £10
  • Dishwasher tablets - Finish Brand- 168 for £12
  • 6 kilos of mince beef £12

We've purchased books, games, game consoles and more. Costcos own brand, Kirkland, comes up highly rated amongst reviewers in the US in terms of cost, renewablity, use and quality. Costco can also make deals with brands and have special sized packaging only available in store to them

If youre not 100% sure you want to join, you can always ask to go in and browse before you sign up for membership. Theyll let you look around, you just cant buy unless you want a card. The membership is good for 2 cards, which allows you to bring in tow guests with you as well.

As you can tell, I'm a big fan of them. My family has been shopping with them since the early 90s (I grew up in the US) and just love it in there.

We use Costco quite a bit. Mainly for bulk buys of toilet rolls and kitchen towels etc. Thet sometimes have very good deals on plants and garden things much cheaper than garden centres. My daughter bakes cakes as a hobby and we bulk buy sugar and icing sugar and eggs for her very cheaply. We also like to do the tastings as we walk round and their ready cooked chickens are to die for . Well worth the membership fee if you buy stuff like that.

I've heard they do a discount on postage stamps, does anybody have any details? With the price rises at the end of this month it might be worth a Costco membership for a bulk purchase of stamps before the rise.

No idea, but if you give them a ring tomorrow they should be able to tell you over the phone how much they sell stamps for, though.

Tel:

01142 427 595

Email:

memberservices@costco.co.uk

No idea, but if you give them a ring tomorrow they should be able to tell you over the phone how much they sell stamps for, though.

Tel:

01142 427 595

Email:

memberservices@costco.co.uk

Yeah, it's for a friend really, he's got some spare cash, has just started selling online & wants to pay his postage upfront before the price hike. I'll tell him to phone them, shouldn't have bothered wasting a post - just wondered if anybody here bought stamps from Costco.

Yeah, it's for a friend really, he's got some spare cash, has just started selling online & wants to pay his postage upfront before the price hike. I'll tell him to phone them, shouldn't have bothered wasting a post - just wondered if anybody here bought stamps from Costco.

I've looked at them, but never bought as we only go through about a book of stamps a year. They seem to be 6 books of 6 there or maybe 6 books of twelve? I didnt see the price.. I hope that helps a bit.

Sorry :(

Archived