Shopping at Costco - would you recommend it?

We use Costco quite a bit. Mainly for bulk buys of toilet rolls and kitchen towels etc. Thet sometimes have very good deals on plants and garden things much cheaper than garden centres. My daughter bakes cakes as a hobby and we bulk buy sugar and icing sugar and eggs for her very cheaply. We also like to do the tastings as we walk round and their ready cooked chickens are to die for . Well worth the membership fee if you buy stuff like that.

The roasted chickens are the best deal in the whole store! In the US, they're $4.99 for one and it's a big chicken.

I love their seafood, they sell handmade tamales, fresh tortillas, a certain type of plain greek yogurt we all eat, bulk spices, bagels, enormous tubs of cream cheese and smoked salmon, raw nuts, eggs, milk, butter, all kinds of pasta, cans of albacore tuna, I could go on and on.

The Kirkland brand is superb, and about every six weeks, they have cell phones on sale. My last two phones I've bought there because they also include all the accessories for your phone. At a phone store, you'd have to pay for most of them separately.

Their jewelry is beautiful and very reasonably priced. I bought my daughter a lovely strand of pearls and earrings last year for her birthday, and she gets compliments on them all the time and disbelief when she tells people how much they cost.

I bought a laundry hamper there years ago when my kids were small, and I'm still using it. Their pharmacy is pretty good, and they have the best prices around for vitamins, supplements, protein drinks, etc. And all our cars have Costco tires. Our membership pays for itself and if you put the fee on your American Express and use the card when buying, you get 1-3% back on all purchases in the form of a check each year. I love Costco!

Their pharmacy is pretty good, and they have the best prices around for vitamins, supplements, protein drinks, etc. And all our cars have Costco tires. Our membership pays for itself and if you put the fee on your American Express and use the card when buying, you get 1-3% back on all purchases in the form of a check each year. I love Costco!

I wish they had the pharmacy or a proper deli counter here :(

I just have to wait to go back home and stock up on my 1000 count ibuprofens and benedryls.

Oh, and I highlyhighly recommend Kirklands clumping cat litter. Wonderful and better (cheaper as well) than CatSan

Edit:

I adore this blog http://addictedtocostco.com/

Shes a HUGE costco fan from the US, though now living in the UK. GREAT resource for vouchers/coupons for both sides of the pond

I wish they had the pharmacy or a proper deli counter here :(

I just have to wait to go back home and stock up on my 1000 count ibuprofens and benedryls.

Oh, and I highlyhighly recommend Kirklands clumping cat litter. Wonderful and better (cheaper as well) than CatSan

Edit:

I adore this blog http://addictedtocostco.com/

Shes a HUGE costco fan from the US, though now living in the UK. GREAT resource for vouchers/coupons for both sides of the pond

We usually use a mail order pharmacy for regular prescriptions because of

husband's insurance, but there have been times when we needed the odd prescription filled fast, and I usually tell the doctor's office to call it in to Costco. The only downside is that the lines tend to be long, but they have it ready, sometimes in 30 minutes. I've not used the optician, again because of husband's insurance, but I've heard good things about them.

The deli section is wonderful. They have Harris Ranch and Morton's Steakhouse beef (though it's a bit pricey) Aidell's sausage, all kinds of ready made foods, hot and cold. The only thing with Costco, is that their portions tend to be huge, so you have to make sure you can use it all or split it with someone.

Thanks for the link, I didn't know about it. :)

I've always said, if I ever visit Sheffield, Costco is one of the places I want to go, just to see what sells there vs. what sells in California.

I use Costco mainly for their meat, i buy in bulk, then seperate into freezer bags, also bought our tv from there with 5 years guarantee, I'd recommend it, sometimes they have some great offers on. My brother and sister-in-law work there so I got my card free.

Archived