Shopping at Costco - would you recommend it?

Do you have to buy the meat in bulk or can you get a single cut, then go back and get another piece when you've eaten it, then go back and get another piece, then go back (rpt)

I know that would probably cost more but you know if freezing wasn't your thing could you do that, could ya?

The whole point of getting fresh meat so it taste tender and juicy, the meat is not as good once frozen, i doubt very much you understand as you wouldnt know the difference

Most meat sold has been previously frozen I'm sure , i would invest in a good vacuum food sealer buying in bulk though.

costco state clearly what has never been frozen,

That I did not know.

My friend worked in a supermarket butchers for a few years, when customers wanted a fresh turkey for Christmas , they would say, fresh ones will be in tomorrow...then sit a frozen one in the deep sink in water, it looked as fresh as a daisy the next day :)

Costco have a lot of stuff but the variety and choice is limited. I would never buy a PC or a big screen TV there for that reason. Outlets such as Best Buy which specialize in electronics and which also have a wide choice are better even if their prices are a little higher.

Costco's strengths lie in bulk packaging in consumer goods other than high end household products.

I did get a good deal on a Magellan GPS navigator which was on sale a year ago and their printer cartridges while not cheap are better priced than at Staples and Office Depot.

A friend of mine swears by it and has shopped there for years.

She's given me various bits of food from there to try and it is very good quality, I was amazed at the choice - and also the fact that they sell all kinds of other stuff at bargain prices, such as homewares, electronics etc - I am considering getting a card through work:)

helps to have a big house to store all the industrial quantities of stuff though:D

That I did not know.

My friend worked in a supermarket butchers for a few years, when customers wanted a fresh turkey for Christmas , they would say, fresh ones will be in tomorrow...then sit a frozen one in the deep sink in water, it looked as fresh as a daisy the next day :)

Ha! My mother in law did that for years. She swore me to secrecy when I found her 'giving the turkey a bath.' :D

Archived