A little question about creationism.

The definition of creationism according to Dictionary.com is:

the doctrine that matter and all things were created, substantially as they now exist, by an omnipotent Creator, and not gradually evolved or developed.

Lately, there seems to be an amount of talk regarding whether or not creationism should be taught in schools. Thankfully, the government appear to be seeing the light on the issue. Linky

This does raise a question. It's clear that some people would like to see creationism taught in schools and I'm sure the fight will go on. If the fight is to go on, should all advocates of creationism be barred from using the products of scientific understandings. E.g. If a creationist contracts a disease, they can't see a doctor?

I think it would be a good experiment in natural selection. See what I did there?

Lately, there seems to be an amount of talk regarding whether or not creationism should be taught in schools. Thankfully, the government appear to be seeing the light on the issue. Linky

This does raise a question. It's clear that some people would like to see creationism taught in schools and I'm sure the fight will go on. If the fight is to go on, should all advocates of creationism be barred from using the products of scientific understandings. E.g. If a creationist contracts a disease, they can't see a doctor?

I think it would be a good experiment in natural selection. See what I did there?

Mix three things up to make a confusing argument?

Care to elaborate?

I don't see how these link together is all...

It's clear that some people would like to see creationism taught in schools and I'm sure the fight will go on. If the fight is to go on, should all advocates of creationism be barred from using the products of scientific understandings. E.g. If a creationist contracts a disease, they can't see a doctor?

'Some people would like to see creationism taught in school, which is being fought. If this fight goes on, then should all advocates be barred'.

I guess I don't see why the 'taught in school' is relevant to whether creationists should be barred from seeing a doc. (that's two of the points)

The third is that a creationist must believe that the doctor was created the same way as them. To add to that, the doctor might be a creationist. Do creationists believe in any non-scientific medicinal treatments? (I don't know the answer)

If you are going to go down that road then vegans and vegetarians should not be allowed to wear leather items and anti animal experimentalists should not be allowed the use of modern drugs and cosmetics There will probably be other examples as well

because some of those who believe seek to impose the consqeuences of their belief on those who believe in something else.

As do those who believe in something else impose their attitudes and arguments on we believers.

Thread after thread of the same Let's-bash-Christianity argument.

Believe what you wish; I'd appreciate it if you left me to believe what I believe.

Wouldn’t a creationist believe that God created everyone and in doing so gave everyone a different ability to use for the good or detriment of mankind?

God would have given a doctor the ability to heal people and a nuclear physicist the ability to create power or nuclear bombs.

Archived