Names of charities helping families

This is a genuine request.

I am wanting to gather any details of charities that support families financially to give kids a treat after suffering hardship etc.

Dont want to go into details on here but aware of a family who have lost mum and dad leaving 2 children, would love to put them in touch with a charity who could help them with the cost of a holiday or some treats for the children, or apply on there behalf.

Do you know any that I could contact?

I have contacted SAAFI to see if they can signpost me but thought maybe some of you SF'ers may have some experience or knowledge-this really would be appreciated and I can let you know how I get on

thankyou,

mumsy xx

Hi. There's a Charity called the Family Fund. You could google them and they may be able to help. Otherwise, there's a site called Turn2Us, which gives advice on benefits and grants available; they have a huge database which you can search through yourself, or you can call tham for free. Good luck :)

Archived