The Flaming Grill, Beighton (formerly the Belfry)

dave89

• 5 months later...

The belfry is my nearest pub and I am so pleased it has been re-fitted. As a regular customer i find it is now a very busy and friendly place. The staff are wonderful and welcoming, the san Miguel on tap,food inexpensive and tasty. Great for groups. We used to go to the gypsy queen but that is now designed for children and not now for grown ups. Thank you belfry and keep the vouchers coming.

The belfry is my nearest pub and I am so pleased it has been re-fitted. As a regular customer i find it is now a very busy and friendly place. The staff are wonderful and welcoming, the san Miguel on tap,food inexpensive and tasty. Great for groups. We used to go to the gypsy queen but that is now designed for children and not now for grown ups. Thank you belfry and keep the vouchers coming.

Soundlamps boss?? :hihi:

Last time I went to Gypsy queen children were only allowed inside in the half that served food, has this changed now? It was a year or so since I've been.

Last time I went to Gypsy queen children were only allowed inside in the half that served food, has this changed now? It was a year or so since I've been.

think gypsy queens the place ive been....bottom of sothall?

wheres the belfry? my memory of beightons gone lol, the fox is the one up from sothall? is the belfry one down near the cricket pavillion etc?

The Belfry is now a better establishment.

They've mainly got rid of the drinking culture from there.

With it now being more family orientated, for meals.

The food is ok, and decently priced.

The staff, some are really nice, chatty, and bubbly. Sadly this isn't all staff.

The beer and lagers are your main stream drinks, and they're generally poured well, so if anyone has had a Bad pint - it must be a one off.

If you want a different variety, this isn't the place for you.

Overall, the establishment is worth a visit.

the belfy always used to be a busy pub but saying it was one of the best in sheffield was pushing it a little. havent been in since the rebrand. the gypsy queen is just another typical chain type pub. at least the prices arent a rip off. try a pint in the tankersley manor at £3.75 a go for crap! eeek