Shyness in the Lav

I was just wondering if it was a normal thing to be shy in the Lav?

The office block I work in has been largely un inhabited, so using the shared loos hasn't been a problem. I had last week off work, but now it seems that there are new tennents in the building.

I needed to go, but when I went in, I could hear someone shuffling paper on the other side of the wall. The walls are obviously paper thin. My bladder got shy and I no longer needed to go.

Am I alone in having a shy bladder, or are there other people out there like me?

Our office is full to bursting so you never get a quiet 5mins in the toilets.

There are often groups of women chatting away and some people go in there to have a phone conversation (not while sitting on the loo mind) so you just have to get on with it!

I used to be shy about using the loo with other people around me but my bladder isn't as strong as it used to be!

The office block I work in has been largely un inhabited, so using the shared loos hasn't been a problem. I had last week off work, but now it seems that there are new tennents in the building.

I needed to go, but when I went in, I could hear someone shuffling paper on the other side of the wall. The walls are obviously paper thin. My bladder got shy and I no longer needed to go.

Am I alone in having a shy bladder, or are there other people out there like me?

I read a tip some years ago to solve that problem, go through the 9x table in your head - prob solved, it always worked for me :):)

Come on you're an Aussie.

It can be a bit embarrassing when I hear someone doing a splatter attack and I'm having a wee. I try to make it out of there as quickly as possible because I don't want to meet the person doing the pebble dashing. It would be embarrassing both ways, I'd see them and know they'd just shat everywhere, and they would see me and know I'd just heard them explode.

Best just to get out quickly and avoid all contact.

Archived