Currys after sales!!

Remember also that under european law that Currys as the seller can be held responsable for upto 5 years for repairs, once the 12 month manufactures guarantee runs out.

A little thing that these stores don't want you to know.

The EU product warranty directive gives you a two year manufacturers warranty.

The legislation to which you refer is the UK's Sale of Goods Act.

I work in the call centre I would like to refute what has been said on this thread:D

The last time you attempted that you pretty much confirmed over and over how bad the service is while highlighting the contempt Curry's have for their customers.

This happened to my freezer. I stayed in so the repair chap could come and fit a new compressor, only for a representaive of the company to come round and check it was plugged in correctly and the fuse wasn't gone.

I wonder if this would have happened if my husband had contacted them in the first instance - it still rankles now. I then had to have another day off for the professionally qualifed engineer to, yes you have guessed it, fit a new compressor.

This was a few years ago, so hopefully things have changed.

I work in the call centre I would like to refute what has been said on this thread:D

I worked for Currys 1998-2005, and I would also like to refute it. :hihi:

From the way this thread has gone you would think that people believe that Currys actually wanted the fridge to break down. They have sorted the OP's fridge out, so what's the problem? Maybe they are cross-charging the manufacturer for the replacement compressor so it's not costing them anything.

Do the call centre staff still have to contend with boneheads waiting to assault them in the car park? They did when I worked for the company.

I personally am never rude to call centre staff. My washing machine was plugged in wrongly by Sainsbury's only a few weeks ago, resulting in a leak into our converted basement room at 7;30 on a Sunday morning.

I phoned the operator, and she seemed quite shocked that I wasn't ranting and raving. I told her that I realised it wasn't her personal fault, which it isn't. People at call centres are only doing their job. I suppose in this day and age verbal abuse is so routine, but it is wrong - as often frontline shop and call centre staff are young people and shouldn't have to put up with abuse.

I did have a problem with Currys a few weeks ago, when the washing machine I ordered couldn't be delivered for a few weeks, but when I said I was desperate for a washer - they refunded my money pronto - so its not all bad.

I've heard nothing but bad things about their after sales service.

I'm looking at buying a new TV soon, rather than Currys I think I'll give Coles (John Lewis) a try for a change, they seem to have a good reputation.

Regards

Doom

If you go to John Lewis don`t buy one of their own brand,I did and it is the worst tv I have ever had.

I worked for Currys 1998-2005, and I would also like to refute it. :hihi:

From the way this thread has gone you would think that people believe that Currys actually wanted the fridge to break down. They have sorted the OP's fridge out, so what's the problem? Maybe they are cross-charging the manufacturer for the replacement compressor so it's not costing them anything.

Do the call centre staff still have to contend with boneheads waiting to assault them in the car park? They did when I worked for the company.

has far has i know no one was verbally or physically assualted in any car park what my son did was legal freedom of speech is not illegal yet .the point was i was lied to first by them saying the repair man would come on tues to repair it when he came he said no he came to check it was broke then he told me it would take 4 week approx for the part then up to a week to arrange a fitting date i was sent on a wild goose chase trying to speak to who ever was in charge after .i logged a complaint on tuesday still waiting for a call back from manager .i hope no one thinks my son would do anything wrong he is a family man with principles who didnt want his mum ripped off and he hasnt got a bony head just a good one lolx

Archived