Political Correctness Gone Mad??

When the Greater London Council was led by Ken Livingstone in the 80s and there were other left-wing councils, right-wing tabloids like the Mail and Sun would make up loads of stories like Baa Baa Black Sheep being banned in schools. Gullible bigots believed it at the time and apparently they still do.

Looks like those gullible bigots at the BBC believed it too.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/4782856.stm

but it isn't actually happening rich.
Didn't The Wright Stuff do an entire segment about this very thing last week? One of those morning programmes. Or maybe I was dreaming? baa, baa rainbow sheep was mentioned, iirc. Along with a multiple choice question about what the rhyme was orginally about.

To be honest, and lets be right here.

I can imagine that little sheeps pain.

All its brothers and sisters are let off giving.

But that one sheep because of it colour has give to everyone.

To the extent of 3 bags full of its own growing body.

One for the Master,

One for the Dame,

And one for the running capitalist hyena who lives down the lane (sorry, young man)

To be honest, and lets be right here.

I can imagine that little sheeps pain.

All its brothers and sisters are let off giving.

But that one sheep because of it colour has give to everyone.

To the extent of 3 bags full of its own growing body.

One for the Master,

One for the Dame,

And one for the running capitalist hyena who lives down the lane (sorry, young man)

Nurse... Quick, he is off on one again.......:hihi:

Nurse... Quick, he is off on one again.......:hihi:

That joke may be funny by people I know. From any one less it it is crass in the absolute.

If SF has descended to this, god help you.

It always seems come from people with nothing to say, I am suprised they allow it.

What I don't understand is why the word black conjures up negative feelings in those who changed the words? Surely being black should be a positive thing and not something to change or hide...

The best description for those who partake in changing the words are educated idiots...That goes for any mealy mouthed defense of them as well....

What I don't understand is why the word black conjures up negative feelings in those who changed the words? Surely being black should be a positive thing and not something to change or hide...

The best description for those who partake in changing the words are educated idiots...That goes for any mealy mouthed defense of them as well....

And what gets me is the fact that 95% of the people the PC Brigade are trying to protect by outlawing the word black, actually don't care.

Archived