Political Correctness Gone Mad??

Even from the Express story its clear the change of words is nothing to do with being 'politically correct' - the only person with the problem is the idiot councillor looking for some PC conspiracy where there isn't one

Teachers insisted the song had been changed merely as a way of teaching children phonics and not to remove any elements people could misconstrue as racist.

But Ms Craig said the school was leaving itself open to accusations of excessive political correctness.

On the night, she said, many parents were “left in the dark” about the change of words.

She added: “It’s good they want children to think about what different words mean.

But this is one nursery rhyme I do not think should be used as it could be so easily misconstrued as political correctness gone mad.

So her argument is that you shouldn't change the words of a song in case gullible right wing idiots like herself think its been done for reasons of political correctness, when it clearly hasn't?

It certainly sucked in Sheffield Forum's gullible right wing idiots didn't it?

Even from the Express story its clear the change of words is nothing to do with being 'politically correct' - the only person with the problem is the idiot councillor looking for some PC conspiracy where there isn't one

Teachers insisted the song had been changed merely as a way of teaching children phonics and not to remove any elements people could misconstrue as racist.

But Ms Craig said the school was leaving itself open to accusations of excessive political correctness.

On the night, she said, many parents were “left in the dark” about the change of words.

She added: “It’s good they want children to think about what different words mean.

But this is one nursery rhyme I do not think should be used as it could be so easily misconstrued as political correctness gone mad.

So her argument is that you shouldn't change the words of a song in case gullible right wing idiots like herself think its been done for reasons of political correctness, when it clearly hasn't?

I think Ms Craig is a) spineless and b) a halfwit.

The only question I ask myself is 'why'?

Why do (usually right wing) newspapers spread blatant untruths about 'political correctness gone mad', like they do in America? Even the Daily Mail admitted that the 'winterval' legend was made up (after it printed that it was the gospel truth for many years).

Is there a subliminal purpose to it, or wider political strategy involved in the smearing? The usual suspects also like to claim that 'Health and Safety has gone mad' so much so that even the HSE has been driven to dispel some myths attributed to them:

http://www.hse.gov.uk/myth/mythofthemonth.htm

The only question I ask myself is 'why'?

Why do (usually right wing) newspapers spread blatant untruths about 'political correctness gone mad', like they do in America? Even the Daily Mail admitted that the 'winterval' legend was made up (after it printed that it was the gospel truth for many years).

Is there a subliminal purpose to it, or wider political strategy involved in the smearing? The usual suspects also like to claim that 'Health and Safety has gone mad' so much so that even the HSE has been driven to dispel some myths attributed to them:

http://www.hse.gov.uk/myth/mythofthemonth.htm

It's good that papers expose the lunacy of left wing fruit loops and their politically correct mumbo jumbo.

--

It's good that papers expose the lunacy of left wing fruit loops and their politically correct mumbo jumbo.

--

Unfortunately for the right wing nut jobs the majority of these 'exposures' are made up by similar right wing nut jobs. It's just a shame that the poor gullible fools that take the stories as gospel keep regurgitating them.

Regardless of the issues/non-issues storming above:

...... the song had been changed merely as a way of teaching children phonics ......

... seems to be nonsense.

I am willing to be educated though.

Can anyone tell me how changing these lyrics of the well know nursery rhyme will specifically assist in teaching of phonics?

Why not just use a different nursery rhyme then??

Unfortunately for the right wing nut jobs the majority of these 'exposures' are made up by similar right wing nut jobs. It's just a shame that the poor gullible fools that take the stories as gospel keep regurgitating them.

Unfortunately for left wing nut jobs, many (but by no means all) are correct, and it's usually their left wing ideologue friends at fault, exposed by sensible right thinking people who can see the senseless nonsense for what it is.

Archived