Ethiopian Cuban Restaurant on Arundel Gate

orangehelen

• 2 months later...

I visited here with a friend last night and was so impressed with the whole experience. From walking in the door, we got a really warm welcome and friendly, helpful service. The guy who served us asked us what kind of meats/spiciness we'd like to try, and brought us a selection - one main lamb dish, and about 5 smaller dishes including lamb, beef, chicken and potatoes, as well as a salad and plenty of injera (bread). There was masses of food, all delicious, and far more than we could eat unfortunately, though we were warned how filling the injera was.

Amazingly, this huge meal for 2 people came to only £15. We also had a bottle of red Ethiopian wine (£15) that was recommended and went well with our food.

I can't praise the service and hospitality enough, it was so different to most places that it really stands out. The staff even offered to advise my friend (who lives in London) on where to find an Ethiopian restaurant there. Will definitely be back, and very soon.

Name that quote: It started out fine, she's a very nice person, and we're sitting and we're talking at this Ethiopian restaurant that she wanted to go to. And I was making jokes, you know like, "Hey I didn't know that they had food in Ethiopia? This will be a quick meal. I'll order two empty plates and we can leave." Yeah, nothing from her not even a smile.

I visited here with a friend last night and was so impressed with the whole experience. From walking in the door, we got a really warm welcome and friendly, helpful service. The guy who served us asked us what kind of meats/spiciness we'd like to try, and brought us a selection - one main lamb dish, and about 5 smaller dishes including lamb, beef, chicken and potatoes, as well as a salad and plenty of injera (bread). There was masses of food, all delicious, and far more than we could eat unfortunately, though we were warned how filling the injera was.

Amazingly, this huge meal for 2 people came to only £15. We also had a bottle of red Ethiopian wine (£15) that was recommended and went well with our food.

I can't praise the service and hospitality enough, it was so different to most places that it really stands out. The staff even offered to advise my friend (who lives in London) on where to find an Ethiopian restaurant there. Will definitely be back, and very soon.

You must have been sat right by us! And we had a similarly great experience too although we went for the Ethiopian beer. Was the wine drinkable?!

• 6 months later...

last night went to ethio cubana on arundle gate, was a big thumbs up!:thumbsup:

altho annitially the basic decor worried us. the place was clean and tidy and the manager dawit was a great host.

then the food came out and it was fantastic, went for the £10 a head buffett with as much as you can eat!

i booked it for 21 people who were coming from notts, leicester and chesterfield and they all enjoyed it.

was a great experience recommend it to everyone, will definately go again!

if your not local and dont know sheffield, i would go up to the peace gardens (next to town hall) for drinks after meal it looks great at night and safe!

last night went to ethio cubana on arundle gate, was a big thumbs up!:thumbsup:

altho annitially the basic decor worried us. the place was clean and tidy and the manager dawit was a great host.

then the food came out and it was fantastic, went for the £10 a head buffett with as much as you can eat!

i booked it for 21 people who were coming from notts, leicester and chesterfield and they all enjoyed it.

was a great experience recommend it to everyone, will definately go again!

if your not local and dont know sheffield, i would go up to the peace gardens (next to town hall) for drinks after meal it looks great at night and safe!

It`s a great place! :love:

• 8 months later...

Tried this place last night and a big thumbs up from me. Again we mainly went for the buffet, with two veggies - they did us our own little buffet! - Also one separate meal. There was an amazing amount of food and they could not do enough for us without being overbearing either. They brought extra bread when we needed it and asked if we wanted to take the leftovers home! (My friends did!)

Really would recommend it.

Beware the bread really fills you up!

Archived