Sailing holidays- anybody been on one?

Has anybody with no previous experience of sailing ever been on a sailing holiday?? My fiend has asked me to join him on a 6 day 'competent crew' sailing holiday.

The thing is, im not that fond of water! Ive been on a ferry and have no problems with that, but I went on a small catermaran 'pleasure' cruise on choppy water and felt decidedly sea sick from start to finish.

Am I likely to suffer the same on a small yacht?

Thanks

Has anybody with no previous experience of sailing ever been on a sailing holiday?? My fiend has asked me to join him on a 6 day 'competent crew' sailing holiday.

The thing is, im not that fond of water! Ive been on a ferry and have no problems with that, but I went on a small catermaran 'pleasure' cruise on choppy water and felt decidedly sea sick from start to finish.

Am I likely to suffer the same on a small yacht?

Thanks

Yachts tend to roll a bit, so if you were sick on a catamaran then you won't feel any better on a yacht. I would recommend it, if you can get on top of the sea sickness.

Once went of the Isles of Scilly ferry. Most people had breakfast etc but as soon as we got out into open water and the Atlanic rollers were coming in people started vomiting allover the place. I saw one person run down the corridor to the toilets whilst being sick and the vomit beat them to the wall which they then ran into. It stank that day.

Archived