Is this Supplement safe?

I just need some advice, i have been training for a while and only taken protein after my workouts but recently a friend of mine (who also workouts out) told me he's taking 'ripped freak' I think it might be borderline steroid but not sure.

Can anyone help?

xpeFp5eG

http://www.bodybuilding4you.co.uk/blog/pharmafreak-ripped-freak-pre-workout/#more-241

Is it this? I had a look around and this is all I can find.

*Edit* Also found this which looks more like what you are talking about

http://www.rippedfreak.com/index.cfm?PAGEPATH=&ID=19906

both of them are largely made up of stuff you can just get from health food stores, albeit in varying quantities. i wouldn't want to comment on whether they are good combinations except that they look like they would work ok.

the first one is to get you hyped up pre-workout and give you energy. all legit stuff, though probably unnecessary. i've used similar stuff before weight training and to be honest it made me feel weak although full of energy. for boxing it's quite good as it helps you feel warmed up quicker and keep training hard but it does make you a bit tense. coffee with sugar tends to do the trick pretty well at a much cheaper price.

the second one is basically to improve the way your body uses testosterone, which is potentially very useful for hard training and muscle growth. again all the ingredients are fine in themselves, although i don't know the stuff listed under "Aromatase Regulation Support Complex"

two things i would say-

1) for the second one this stuff really isn't necessary although there can be a time and a place for it, but unless you've got EVERYTHING else in order- good programming, sleep, diet, rest, technique etc, then it's most likely a waste of time and money as you would get far better results for less money/free by fiddling about with those variables.

2) if you compete in a regulated sport you should check what their policy is on ingestion of different substances. some are funny even about having a certain amount of caffeine present in the urine (it is after all a potent stimulant and diuretic). the WADA (world anti-doping agency) have useful information on their website and are a very important body in this area.

oh, one other thing- it is surprising how few top athletes/lifters etc from all different types of sports actually use these products. a lot do tend to use protein powders, and then maybe carbohydrate powders as well or a protein/carb mix for pre/post workout. other than that creatine is quite popular with athletes, well proven and cheap.

nothing beats a good training programme + good diet + adequate rest.

It's the second one, after training supplement which is suppose to help shredd ur physique..

My diet, sleeping pattern and training schedule is all messed up

So I think this supplement would be useful..

Il have to add some to my intake and il keep you posted on the

Results :)

Thank you all for your resonses much appreciated.

Archived