Sheffield to have best roads in the UK

Mecky

what drives me mad is that they relay a road surface and within 6 months you can bet one of the utility companies come along to dig up part of it for maintance or relay a pipe/cable etc and to top it off when they fill it back in they make a right dogs diner of it and its nowhere near flat/ level...muppets

Breaking news yesterday & full story online tomorrow in the Star.

I know there'll be loads of questions about when & where & which roads should have priority, so it's important to say that Amey have been asked to zone the resurfacing and repaving so that a number of areas will be scheduled for work at the same time.

I do hope that those people who have been inconvenienced the most by potholes and deteriorating road surface and footways won't be the first to complain about the roadworks, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm sure that there'll be many who won't give the previous Labour Council & Labour Government credit for this either, but in 5 years time, when we have the best roads in the U.K., perhaps people just might think where this has come from.

Hard to believe. Hopefully they'll do it without increasing Tax again...But it would be nice to be able to drive without getting whiplash from pot holes! lol

I would gladly pay extra on my council tax if it went to improving the roads in and around Sheffield.

I do hope that those people who have been inconvenienced the most by potholes and deteriorating road surface and footways won't be the first to complain about the roadworks, but I'm not holding my breath.
Oh Rosy, please, this is Sheffield Forum. How long will it be before we get some muppets complaining about the roadworks AND saying that they miss the potholes and want them brought back? :roll:;)

reduce the lanes for cars and put in cycle lanes throughout, that would encourage more cyclists, less cars, less emissions, reduced injuries, less costs for the NHS, less fat people, less road rage, generally its a bloody good idea!!

reduce all cycle lanes add more car lanes well it is us motorist that pay while cyclist freeload shove them on pavements saves us knocking them off all the time

Hard to believe. Hopefully they'll do it without increasing Tax again...But it would be nice to be able to drive without getting whiplash from pot holes! lol

it won,t be the tax, just the toll,s

Archived