Sheffield to have best roads in the UK

Mecky

The utility companies such as gas, water and electric are in the loop with this new resurfacing work. If it all goes according to plan they've had to agree not to start digging up the new surfaces for between three and five years unless there's an emergency. Also if they do then when they refill their trench/hole it is going to be vetted by the road resurfacing company to make sure the work is done to a good standard. Must admit I've not ventured over to shiregreen yet to see the finished article but may do at some point because I'm nosey.

What's going to happen to the bloke who has the job of spraying the yellow paint around the pot holes? his job must have been quite a steady number over the years

I suppose he won't be needed now.

I should think he's run out of yellow paint by now. Talk of ' paint the town red '

He's painted the city yellow.

I wonder on what basis the council are deciding which areas to resurface first? I would hope it would be the areas most in need but it wouldn't surprise me if this wasn't the case. I live in the SW of Sheffield and have to say that the roads a truly shocking. Up until now the council's solution has been to fill in the holes which surely must end up being more costly than resurfacing the road- most near me resemble a patchwork of filled in potholes.

I wonder on what basis the council are deciding which areas to resurface first? I would hope it would be the areas most in need but it wouldn't surprise me if this wasn't the case. I live in the SW of Sheffield and have to say that the roads a truly shocking. Up until now the council's solution has been to fill in the holes which surely must end up being more costly than resurfacing the road- most near me resemble a patchwork of filled in potholes.

The council aren't deciding, its being programmed by the contractor. The city has been split into 100+ zones which will be done over a 5 year period. Afraid I don't know the criteria used for deciding what's done in year 1 and what's done in year 5 though.

reduce the lanes for cars and put in cycle lanes throughout, that would encourage more cyclists, less cars, less emissions, reduced injuries, less costs for the NHS, less fat people, less road rage, generally its a bloody good idea!!

or why not just ban cars. in england that would be good. more unemployed and more. cyclist cause alot of acidents they should not be on the road. the roads are built for cars and things with engines not for people who ride about been a pain and hold every thing up

Archived