PCSOs to replace regular police on beat

Rather have specials and PCSO's as oppossed to what's coming....G4S!! Yep you report a burglery and a G4S representative will be at you door instead!! Think I'm talking crap? Then read for yourself!!

http://inspectorgadget.wordpress.com/2012/04/02/not-a-police-state-a-private-police-state/

Well at least they turn up I know of a certain case where an old lady was burgled and no one turned up , and all she got was a phone call with a crime refference number,and told to contact her insurance company .......Another case was a gang of youths pelting an old womans house whose husband had just died and they never even bothered to turn up or even call ...............x

Rather have specials and PCSO's as oppossed to what's coming....G4S!! Yep you report a burglery and a G4S representative will be at you door instead!! Think I'm talking crap? Then read for yourself!!

http://inspectorgadget.wordpress.com/2012/04/02/not-a-police-state-a-private-police-state/

The PCSO are nothing short of useless ,its like having a pitbull with no teeth

Does anyone ever see a copper on the beat? not seen a copper on the beat in ages,Could we get a reduction in our council tax seeing as part of it goes on the coppers.

Yes, we see them quite often in the London Road/Cemetery Road area. Although I now suspect that they are not actually police officers. I understand that the concept of sending out non-police has already been implemented.

From the tone of this thread, PCSOs are likely to undermine rather than support the police. If you call the police, do you really want your first point of contact to be someone who will command absolutely no respect from the type of person they are likely to encounter?

How much more money, per month, would you be prepared to pay for more police on the beat?

Personally, I doubt police on the beat have any effect on crime rates

Maybe not police on foot, but in cars, yes. And what's the point of a 'police' officer with no powers of arrest?

From the tone of this thread, PCSOs are likely to undermine rather than support the police. If you call the police, do you really want your first point of contact to be someone who will command absolutely no respect from the type of person they are likely to encounter?

They have become a laughing stock the general public knows they have no power and so do the kids .So there is no point in having them at all.Some people don`t know what they can and can`t do so see the uniform but don`t realize they are PCSO`s and so comply with all they say.

Specials are not "pretend" Policemen, the only difference between them and regulars is that they are volunteers, whereas regulars earn a wage.

Have a look at Policespecials.com for more detail, and they have a very active forum as well.

I think that says it all you pay real money you get real police officers you pay nothing and you get pretend police officers with no real powers .

Archived