PCSOs to replace regular police on beat

and when you've the alternative of 2 volunteer approaches to dealing with the night time economy either Specials doing specific 'night time economy' work on foot or in a van in the pub andclub areas or the 'welfare only' or welfare and immediate medical response systems from the SOS bus / street pastors type scenario ( with or without SJA/ BRC/ NHS ambulance resources)

Whoa! .....................It's acronym heaven!!:hihi::hihi::hihi:

That'll Be St John's ambulance, British Red Cross and National Health Service then.

They are not unpaid.

It is a salaried, civilian role.

Special Constables are unpaid volunteers, they do it for a variety of reasons:

1. They are too thick and /or unfit to be accepted into the police service proper.

2. They have uniform fetish.

3. They like playing with walkie-talkies.

4. They want to sleep with a policeman.

I read this and laughed:hihi::hihi::hihi:

albeit ironically!

I've always found that when confronted with the ridiculous, laughter helps.:hihi::hihi::hihi:

• 4 weeks later...

Yet again, most people on here talking absolute s**t about a subject you don't know about! Give it a rest, I'm bored of your ranting already.

P.s. I hope when you do need to contact the police, because you all will at some point, you get the response and respect you deserve. :rant::rant:

Anyone heard about the proposed plan to take most police off regular beat duties and replace them with PCSOs :?::suspect:

Apparently there is a meeting tomorrow of the police commitee to discuss this cost saving idea by the new chief constable :huh:

Don't know about you but this does not instill any feeling of trust in the new chief constable or any feeling of being safe on the streets. We need more police with full police powers on the street not less :rant::loopy:

Why do they not expand the special constable service?

Archived