Consenting adults

Following on from the gay marriage megathread I was wondering what people thought about the banning of incestuous relationships between consenting adults - prompted by the recent story from Germany and the European Court of Human rights decision to allow it to be outlawed.

Should we not be applying the same principle as most people supported re homosexuals I.e what goes on sexually between consenting adults is their business?

And before anyone says anything... No I don't have a sister! :)

There is also an increased risk of producing disabled children when the parents are themselves disabled. The risk is also much higher for older women having kids. Should they too be banned from procreating? Or are their rights somehow more important?

Should we not be applying the same principle as most people supported re homosexuals I.e what goes on sexually between consenting adults is their business?

And before anyone says anything... No I don't have a sister! :)

I think the only grey area would be for couples- well relations, that have been brought up seperately- e.g. ive read several stories where brother and sister were adopted seperately at birth and then met later in life/became a couple.

I think the only grey area would be for couples- well relations, that have been brought up seperately- e.g. ive read several stories where brother and sister were adopted seperately at birth and then met later in life/became a couple.

But why is it different to gays? Why is it any of our business?

if theyre consenting its none of our business? whether gay OR incestrous?

as long as kids.........who generally cant consent, and animals that cant are protected who gives a flying fig what CONSENTING ADULTS do?

really?

Archived