Consenting adults

i think your missing the point

IF 2 people are consenting does it matter if its straight, gay or even incest? does it interfere with anybody else? no

so why should it be of concern for anybody else

im niether gay, nor into incest they are not my cup of tea, but i recognise peoples right to do things which DONT interfere with others.

such as a persons right to take any drug they want

to end their own life if they so wish...or choose somebody else to if they want.

as for being sick, morally wrong or perverse again ill remind uptill no that long ago homosexuality was punishable by imprisonment, still is in some countries...and worse.

and some people of the general public STILL class homosexuality as immoral and sick, sadly.

whatever goes on behind closed doors,we just dont know how widespread it is.In anyones rightful thinking,it cant be right..if incest was legal how many would come out like the gays did.Not having a go at the gay community..i think things have come a long way on that score.

whatever goes on behind closed doors,we just dont know how widespread it is.In anyones rightful thinking,it cant be right..if incest was legal how many would come out like the gays did.Not having a go at the gay community..i think things have come a long way on that score.

Almost none. Are you really silly enough to imagine that there are thousands of people in consensually incestuous relationships who'd suddenly come out of the woodwork? The main reason that people in consensually incestuous relationships keep them secret is because it's massively taboo, not because it's illegal.

surely incest is abuse,consenting or not.

How can it be abuse if two adults are consenting? Unless you are abused by the mere fact of their action of course..which fundamentally is the question zamo has asked. Are you abused by someone conducting a consenting act in their own privacy?

Your confusing incest with marrying 1st cousins or are you saying there is an incest problem in the Asian community?

As they quoted my post, I'm not sure if they're saying incest and incest as a cause of disabilities and deformities is a problem in Asian communities?

There is something called the Westermarck Effect, that suggests that people who share a close genetic link and live in close proximity to each other, develop a sort of dislike of sexual attraction to each other. I really haven't looked into this in much detail, so I don't know if its true or not, but it might be one of the possible reasons incest disgusts most people.

I once watched a programme about sexual genetic attraction,or something along those lines.It showed a woman who gave her son up for adoption, they somehow found each other and met up..end story was the woman developed strong sexual feelings for the son.To put it in a nutshell the woman could not express herself emotionally and developed an abnormal sexual thing.

I once watched a programme about sexual genetic attraction,or something along those lines.It showed a woman who gave her son up for adoption, they somehow found each other and met up..end story was the woman developed strong sexual feelings for the son.To put it in a nutshell the woman could not express herself emotionally and developed an abnormal sexual thing.

Maybe this explains a lot, i cannot accept people knowingly wanting to do this.However the syndrome i was talking about must be very distressing for those involved.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_sexual_attraction

Archived