More disgrace for SYP

How is this "more" disgrace exactly? It's nothing recent, happened years ago, predates Hillsborough and has no bearing on SYP as it is today.

Of course it has, that was the time when Maggie decided to let the dogs loose and give the Police more power than it ever had, the result is out there every time the Police take to the streets and do what it wants no matter what.

I see the grauniad wants to keep South Yorkshire in the a Sam Tyler style life in the past.

London asshats.

Or maybe they just feel it's important that people should know the truth about the police - i.e. that they sometimes lie, frame innocent people and break the law.

The Guardian moved from Manchester over 50 years ago! It's full of London assholes now. Waste of time.

What do you disagree with in the article? Do you think police corruption isn't current? Recent topical stories passed you by?

Bent coppers running round doing whoever's bidding the most.

So what? Bent coppers took money to kill Liverpool FC supporters?

The accident was caused by Liverpool fans, many of whom were drunk and surging into the ground. If the Liverpool fans had behaved themselves that day, there wouldn't have been any deaths.

Now the police knew this and it was their job to prevent fans from causing deaths, and they failed to do this, and later lied because they knew the media had it out for them. But in no way is it a black and white argument, and shame on the Guardian for making it look that way. And Liverpool and it's fans need to get over it. They can't not play matches on April 15th for the rest of time.

So what? Bent coppers took money to kill Liverpool FC supporters?

The accident was caused by Liverpool fans, many of whom were drunk and surging into the ground. If the Liverpool fans had behaved themselves that day, there wouldn't have been any deaths.

Now the police knew this and it was their job to prevent fans from causing deaths, and they failed to do this, and later lied because they knew the media had it out for them. But in no way is it a black and white argument, and shame on the Guardian for making it look that way. And Liverpool and it's fans need to get over it. They can't not play matches on April 15th for the rest of time.

And you don't think newspapers have a legitimate reason to publicise this and the consequences of it?

Or maybe they just feel it's important that people should know the truth about the police - i.e. that they sometimes lie, frame innocent people and break the law.

I'd be more interested if they were reporting on that happening now in SYP, rather than harking back nearly three decades.

I'd be more interested if they were reporting on that happening now in SYP, rather than harking back nearly three decades.

You might well be, but that doesn't mean it's not a legitimate news story. For many thousands of people those events are still a very raw wound that has has a massive impact on their lives.

You might well be, but that doesn't mean it's not a legitimate news story. For many thousands of people those events are still a very raw wound that has has a massive impact on their lives.

These are not new stories though. The 95 rioters from Orgreave were all aquitted because of the dodgy evidence, so it's been known about ever since.

Archived